𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Willow watched as Wilbur disappeared down the wooden path

Willow watched as Wilbur disappeared down the wooden path. She felt her heart drop. Had he been that worried about her? Was there something she was missing? He had never gotten like that before when she would walk the riverbank early in the mornings. It was like a flip switched in his brain and she couldn't tell who flipped it.

There was a sharp knock on the door that made her jump in her skin. Willow took a deep breath, holding her hand to her chest. She walked over to the door, opening it. Schlatt sat on the other side with a cigarette behind his ear. Willow felt chills run down her back. "Good to see you, Willow."

"What can I help you with?" She wanted nothing more than to finish this conversation and ask Niki for help. He wasn't the most pleasant person according to her own gut. Schlatt let out a deep chuckle that made Willow feel uncomfortable. She noticed someone behind him. Quackity rubbed the back of his neck as he leaned over, waving at Willow. "Quackity?"

"Hey Willow, we had a question." Willow nodded, now paying attention to Quackity instead of the other man. He pulled out a scroll, something that resembled a contract. Willow grabbed it, unscrolling it. Her eyes picked up on some of the things, Schlatt2020, a combination of votes. "Is it possible?"

"It is." She scrolled it back up. Willow didn't know why Schlatt couldn't bring up the votes on his own, she was sure that he could make people fear him to vote. She went to close the door, stopped by a leather shoe. Willow opened the door back up, glaring at him. "Can I help you, Schlatt?"

"Wilbur left kind of upset, I don't mean to be nosy but--" Willow struck him across the face. Quackity stood there in shock. Willow looked at her own hand in shock, but she still felt a bit proud. Schlatt scoffed, holding his cheek. Willow placed the scroll underneath his chin, her gaze harsh.

"The next time you come here asking about things that don't concern you, it will be a lot worse than that." If looks could kill, both of them would be six feet under the ground. He fixed his suit and turned on his heel, walking down the same path that Wilbur had earlier.

"I'm sorry about him, Willow." Both she and Quackity looked down the path as he walked angrily. She rested her hand on his shoulder, making him turn to look at her with curious eyes.

"Are you sure about this? This plan you have?" Quackity hesitated a bit before nodding his head. Before she could tell him to reconsider, he too began walking away from the house. Willow leaned on the door frame, confused as to why Quackity even agreed to do that. She had noticed how eager he was in running alone. Combining votes with Schlatt seemed dangerous and reckless.

She shook her head, grabbing her bag. Heading back out into the world, she made her way to Niki's bakery. Willow knew Niki could probably help her see where she went wrong or if she had said something to upset Wilbur in any way. She would've asked Fundy but he was busy preparing himself for the election as well.

Willow turned a corner, bumping into someone. She stumbled back a bit before regaining her balance. She looked up, noticing the tall man who eyed her weirdly. Flustered, she looked away. "Sorry about that, I was a bit distracted."

"That's alright," He stated, still staring at her. "You must be the new member of L'Manburg, Willow." She nodded, still confused about who this man was. The man seemed to sense her confusion and made an 'o' shape with his mouth. "My apologies, I'm Eret." He extended his hand out for her. Eret, the traitor, and the last piece to the beginning. She accepted his hand, shaking it.

"Nice to meet you, Eret." She let go. Willow opened her bag, trying to see if she had her book and ink in there. When she spotted it, she smiled to herself. Looking back at him, her eyes filled with determination. "Would you mind if I asked you some questions, Eret?"

~~~

Her eyes looked up in awe at the tall stone walls. They were absolutely beautiful. The windows were stained in different colors, making it look even more magical. Willow lifted her hand, noticing the way the sun hit the windows that made her hand appear a light blue. Although she knew foul things about Eret, he had the most beautiful castle.

"You seem to enjoy this," Eret joked. Willow smiled, letting her hand fall. She shrugged, following behind him to his throne room. Eret took a seat on his throne. Willow let herself take a seat on the floor. "I would think that Wilbur or literally anyone else would've told you how much of a dick I was."

"They did, but I like knowing things from both sides." Eret raised his eyebrow. Willow pulled her things out, looking at him. "Like why did you trade L'Manburg for the title of being king? Why did Wilbur feel the need to make L'Manburg? There are so many answers that people will have so why not give them a listen."

"I never thought of it that way." He rested his chin on his hand, looking at her again. "But go ahead ask."

"Why did you switch sides?" Willow asked. "From what I know, you were friends with everyone." Eret muffled a laugh.

"No one is friends in L'Manburg." His tone sent shivers down her spine. She noticed the change in his eyes. "If there are friends, it's never with Wilbur. He thinks of things that will benefit him. Sure, it's with L'Manburg on his mind but he is power-hungry. It's the reason he is even throwing an election, he is so confident that he will win."

Willow had never thought of it in that way either. She didn't know if anyone knew anything about Wilbur before the caravan. Or if they did, they weren't with them at the moment. Her quil began to write on the book as she wrote down.

Eret wasn't a traitor but he was tired of the lack of unity. Could you blame him? Wars hurt more than they heal but in everyone's mind, the war was the best solution for them. If it wasn't everyone, it was Wilbur, the leader, and president of L'Manburg.

[a/n]it's been a bit since ive updated this book!i hope it doesn't seem as ifi was ignoring it but i want toperfect this book to the plot andwillow's goal as well, so i apologize for the wait!

[a/n]
it's been a bit since
ive updated this book!
i hope it doesn't seem as if
i was ignoring it but i want to
perfect this book to the plot and
willow's goal as well, so i apologize
for the wait!

as always loves,
have a nice day/night!
stay hydrated!
you are loved!

~j