𝘁𝘄𝗼

"We must not trust everyone

"We must not trust everyone." Young Willow nodded, jotting down that piece of information. The man was walking her around the ship as people passed them by. Occasionally some waved or smiled. They were never rude to the girl, not when Edmund was around. He always gave harsh glances at comments directed at the girl. "You can't even trust me."

    "I know that. Last time, you told me you wouldn't snore and you did," Willow grumbled. Edmund laughed, patting the curls on the girl's head. She smiled at him. It was always Willow and Edmund. Willa and Muu, as they had nicknamed each other. He had taught her from the moment they found her how to fight, how to survive was a better way to see it. "Will we ever get to see a jungle?"

    "A jungle?" Willow nodded, leaning over the edge of the ship. The water crashed against the ship, like soft kisses against the skin. Her eyes spotted the dolphins that swam side by side her, making her smile. "Possibly, who knows what we can find."

    "But we have to outrun the others." Edmund sighed. He had hoped that Willow had not heard as much from the crewmates. "The cook was talking about it. He cursed out a storm as well. I can help--"

    "Enough, Willow." Her mouth snapped shut. She huffed, raising her head to look at the sky above her. The sun was setting again. Edmund looked at the girl, noticing her facial expression. "You have to understand that no matter what, you don't get involved."

    "But I'm apart of this ship!"

    "You are." He grabbed her shoulders, turning her to look at him. "That's even more reason for you to survive. As long as you survive, our stories survive. Everyone on here survives if you do."

~~~~

    Willow rubbed her eyes, walking on the riverbank again. It was early in the morning. The fog was over the river this morning, which amazed the girl. In her time coming to the river, she had never seen that. She walked farther away from the water, remembering the important bits of her dream.

She now had a name for the person in her dream, Edmund. It made her smile. Willow realized that she must have always given him a hard time. Her boots stuck to some of the mud, making her giggle at the squelching noises.

"You come here often, don't you?" Willow rolled her eyes at the familiar voice. She kept walking, ignoring the man behind her. He chuckled deeply, walking behind her still. "It's rude to ignore people."

"It's creepy to watch people," Willow retorted, keeping her same pace. She wasn't that far from L'Manburg. She could run there if things got out of hand. She heard the man mumble something under his breath. "You're a bold man, Schlatt. I'm surprised that you mumble."

"You always have something to say, don't you?" Willow turned around, looking at him straight in the eye. She tilted her head to the side. Schlatt eyed her carefully. She smiled, turning around and continuing her walk. Sticking out her hand, she waved at the man and made her way back to L'Manburg.

If Schlatt planned to be mysterious, so would she. Willow smiled at the thought, eyeing the smoke coming from the middle. Passing the walls, she heard the bickering of Tommy and Fundy. Willow watched as Tommy made big motions at the man who seemed completely uninterested.

"Tommy harassing other people isn't nice." Fundy smiled at Willow as she stood next to him. Tommy closed his mouth, making a grumpy face. She took a step forward, ruffling his hair. Fundy stared with wide eyes, noticing the look Tommy made.

"What did you do that for?" Tommy yelled, fixing his hair. Willow laughed, ruffling it once more. He huffed in annoyance, swatting her hand away. Fundy laughed too, enjoying the sight in front of him. "This isn't funny."

"I thought it was funny," Willow joked. Fundy nodded, agreeing with her. Tommy rolled his eyes, stomping away. She watched as he disappeared out of L'Manburg walls. Willow turned slowly to look at Fundy. "I need to steal you for a second."

Fundy nodded, extending his arm for her. Willow smiled, accepting and linking her arm through his. They both walked out of the L'Manburg walls, following the ghost trial of Tommy. "I dreamt about the man again." Fundy hummed, remembering the mentions of him. "His name is Edmund. We were arguing, well I was."

"Of course, you were," Fundy chimed. Willow hit his arm softly, smiling shyly at him.

"I wanted to help. We were going against others and he didn't want me to be involved." They began to approach her house. The distant sounds of chests opening in her house brought a smile to her face. "He wanted me to survive, no matter what it took."

"And you did." Willow let go of Fundy. She looked at her door, turning her head to look at him. She smiled, glad that she had told him first about her dream. Fundy motioned with her eyes for her to go inside. She made an 'o' shape with her mouth before nodding. "See you later, Willa."

Willow opened the door, closing it briefly behind her. Turning around, she spotted Wilbur looking out the window. She smiled, walking up to him. She tiptoed up to kiss his cheek. Wilbur walked away before she could even react. Willow furrowed her eyebrows, confused by his actions. "Wilbur?"

"I have to go meet up with Tommy." Wilbur left, leaving Willow even more confused. She watched him leave, talking to himself. She hadn't done anything wrong. She left a note for him that she had gone to the river again but she didn't get as to why he acted that way.

 She left a note for him that she had gone to the river again but she didn't get as to why he acted that way

[a/n]
....the girls are
fighting........
AKSKXKCKOC

i feel really bad for not
updating this book for awhile
but i had my reasons 😔

as always loves,
have a nice day/night!
stay hydrated!
you are loved!

~j