𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

The night raged above the curled-hair of Willow and the gleaming mask of Fundy

The night raged above the curled-hair of Willow and the gleaming mask of Fundy. They both talked about random things, making their way back from Jack's house. He had stated that he would put the posters up for Willow, which was a weight off her shoulders. Fundy was happy for that since he had gone off on a rampage about catching fish together.

"We could have matching pet fishes!" Fundy exclaimed. "Fundy Jr and Willa the Third." Willow laughed, covering her mouth. Fundy was lost in his imaginary world of matching pets that he ignored the laughing girl. It wouldn't be such a bad idea for her to get a pet fish, something less easy for Sapnap to kill.

"Who would be the second Willa?" She teased him, poking his sides. "From what I know, I am Willa and there is no one after me."

"Willa the Third sounds cool, okay?" Willow raised her hands, surrendering to him. Fundy smiled, keeping the same pace towards L'Manburg. She finished laughing, clinging to the torch she held in her hand. It was nights like these that Willow enjoyed the most. "You want to talk about earlier?"

"Do you think I did something wrong to Wilbur?" Willow stopped, her eyes trained on the back of Fundy's head. He turned around, his own eyes looking at hers with confusion. She cleared her throat, letting the torch fall a bit more down. "Maybe I did something?"

"Willa, that's enough." Fundy hugged the girl, swaying them a bit. "Wilbur doesn't think when he does things, in fact, I can't remember the last time he did something without thinking." He pulled away holding her arms. "It isn't your fault." Willow nodded, smiling at him. He smiled back, letting her go and motioning forward. She smiled, walking in front of him as she lit the way.

The silence hugged them, keeping them warm and comfortable from their night walk to the L'Manburg. There was no more talking amongst the two, not that they needed it. The presence of each other was enough for them both. Willow looked at the walls of L'Manburg, disappearing into the night sky, camouflaged almost to imitate the sky. There were fits of laughter coming from the inside. There might've been another bonfire tonight, as had many other nights. Different people showed up. Some nights there could only be one person in front of that fire.

"Fundy, Willow, join us!" Niki yelled from her spot. Both of them smiled, making their way over to her. Willow noticed Tubbo asleep against Tommy, who was busy trying to keep himself awake. Wilbur was there as well. But he was distant. There but not really. Willow took a seat next to Tommy, patting her shoulder as a sign that he could sleep as well. The boy rested but his eyes remained vigilant.

"Where were you?" Tommy whispered. His voice was softer than usual. Probably the sleepiness talking for him. It was a different tone than his usual one. It made Willow smile slightly.

"I was working on the posters for the debate." Tommy nodded, yawning. She smiled, resting her head on his as well. Wilbur let out a menacing chuckle. Willow furrowed her eyes, looking at Niki who looked in the other direction. Tommy moved his hand to hold Willow's. Fundy looked at Wilbur, confused but afraid. Willow eyed Wilbur carefully. "Everything alright?"