eight

WILLOWS POV

WILLOWS POV

My body was floating, or I was floating away from the world I knew. There was no Schlatt, no festival, and no dying. It was nice to be somewhere far from the place I learned to call home. I searched around me trying to make sense of where I was. My eyes were closed, maybe I was sleeping. I opened my eyes, being met with a wooden roof over my head. There was humming from the corner of the room, a tune I remembered. I turned my head to the side, seeing a woman knitting quietly in the corner.

"Mom?" My own voice sounded unfamiliar to me. It was softer, warmer, and a lot younger than before. My mom looked up at me, placing her knitting to the side. She approached me with a soft smile, placing her hand on my head. "Where am I?"

"Deep in your dreams again, Willa?" Her voice was sweet like the many pastries I tried at Niki's bakery. It made me miss home, homesick for the home I have been pushed away from. "You're home, Willa. Aspen and Sage have been asking every five minutes for you." Those names sounded familiar to me. My brothers, they must've been wanting to play with me. I wanted to play as well. "Ah, ah. You're sick, Willa."

"But then I can't play," I pouted. It almost made me laugh at how childish I was being. But this already happened before. I'm just living it again like a movie. "Can they come here and play?"

"But then they will get sick," My mom rubbed her thumb on my cheek, making me lean into her thumb. This must've been why I liked when Quackity did the same. It reminded me of her warmth and love. "How about you eat lunch together?" I nodded, sitting up. I placed my hands in my lap, patiently waiting for everyone to come in and join me. My mom smiled, leaving the room momentarily to gather the things. I didn't want to go back home, I wanted to stay here. It felt safer and warm here with no sense of coldness or fear.

"Willa!" I turned my head to see two similar looking boys; Aspen and Sage. They were twins, I remember now moments and stories that my mom would tell me about when they were born. It was a full moon in December. It echoed in my brain over and over again like a mantra.

"We missed you for breakfast!" Aspen climbed the side of the bed, gripping the sheets to reach me. Instinctively, I reached out to him and he latched on to me. "Grandpa Edmund took us fishing!" I looked to Sage, he had to be more soft-spoken than Aspen; hiding in his shadow. I reached my hand to Sage so he could join us on the bed. He smiled at her, grabbing her hand to fully get on the bed. "And we caught a really big fish! It was this big!"

His hands outstretched widely in an exaggerated manner. I let out a loud laugh, finding it funny how animated he acted. Sage giggled as well, cuddling into my side. Aspen, however, kept rambling on and on. He stood on the bed with his hands telling his story about his day. I smiled before turning my head to look for my mom but to find her seat empty. I felt cold again, spotting the window to my side. Everything was on fire outside.