𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER FIFTYstart of something old❜

❛CHAPTER FIFTY
start of something old❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     THE FIRST thing Percy saw when he opened his eyes was a bright light. His eyes strained at the light as he sat up from a marble white floor, where he rubbed at his eyes to calm the strain they had before looking back up and looking around his surroundings. He slowly stood up from the ground, eyeing the unfamiliar white of his surroundings, but even though he didn't know where he was, something in him was registering this as familiar.

     He was in a home that was pure white, furnished perfectly with photos lining the walls of the hallway he woke up in. He hesitantly walked towards one and peered at it, his confusion becoming more when he realized the picture was of him as a baby and his mother. Joy was the emotion that seemed to be in the photo, and a sort of feeling of warmth and comfort settled into Percy as he kept looking at it, lightly touching it as well with the tips of his fingers.

     "I see you finally woke up." A voice spoke up from behind, and Percy quickly whirled around on the person in surprise.

     Percy was going to say something when he turned, but his words caught in his throat as he looked at the person standing in front of him. "Cillian?"

     "Hey little brother." Cillian smiled warmly at his brother, before he caught Percy when the boy threw his arms around the male in a hug.

     "Oh god, Cillian!" Percy exclaimed, wrapping his older brother in a tight hug. "How are you-?"

     "I'm not." Cillian cut off, already knowing what the younger male was going to ask as he pulled away from the hug. "I'm not alive."

     "I- then how are you..?" Percy's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

     "I don't know how I'm here." Cillian simply answered simply, being truthful, he really wasn't sure how he was here, alive in this place yet still dead.

     "And, where exactly is here?" Percy asked once again, eyeing his surroundings that still felt familiar to him.

     "Somewhere between life and death." Cillian answered, looking around himself at the surroundings.

     "Are you saying I'm dead?" Percy asked in shocked.

     Cillian furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at his brother. "Not exactly.."