𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER FORTY FOURthe start of darkness❜

❛CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
the start of darkness❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     A COLD chill of wind blew through the trees of the woods, chilling the skin of Percy, who was kneeling down by a small stream, trying his best to wash off the blood that was staining his hands. His eyes showed no emotion as he stared at his reflection in the water, not being able to see the remembrance of the boy he was a few years ago. He was broken, he always had been, but at the moment he knew he was very close to his breaking point, and it really was just a matter of time until he finally cracked all the way.

     He finally stood up from the creek, wiping his hands on his tattered jeans, before pulling out a silver bracelet, the pendant of a wolf glistening against the moon. He tied it around his wrist, his thumb moving over the name of his mother's, seemingly striking an almost invisible pang of guilt. He looked away and grabbed a plain grey shirt that was drapped over a rock, the tiniest drop of blood being seen on the collar of it.

     Percy began to walk towards the Western Pack village, the place that once belonged to his mothers and uncle's childhood home. He would smile softly at the few werewolves that were still up and taking guard of the perimeter. He then slipped into the alphas house, the place he had been staying in for the past months since his brother, Cillian's death. The male paused as he walled in, hearing the television was still on, making him walk towards the living room.

     Alek, his beta of the pack, was laying passed out on the couch, a beer bottle still in hand. The television was switched onto a sports channel, indicating the blond had fallen asleep watching it. Percy felt himself shake his head, and go to grab the remote, when suddenly the television flickered and turned to a different channel. He looked up and met the eyes of the new minister of magic, Rufus Scrimgeour, who stood among some reporters, his face unreadable as he began to speak.

     "These are dark times, there is no denying." Scrimgeour began, his stare not wavering. "Our world has, perhaps, faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to our citizenry: We, ever your servants... will continue to defend your liberty, and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry remains strong."

     Percy felt his hand tighten into a fist by his side, before quickly turning the television off and turning to walk back out of the front door. He ignored the pile of newspaper that were pilling up by the door, the newest reading, 'Dark Mark Sparks Panic.' He grabbed a coat from the rack, pulling it on before he began to walk back into the dark woods. The thunder from above seeming to shake the ground underneath him.