𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER SIXTEENthe yule ball❜

❛CHAPTER SIXTEEN
the yule ball❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     PERCY LET out a yawn as he was walking towards the library, a few books under his arm for the study session he was going to do with Hermione there. It was right when he got to the entrance of it was when Nigel suddenly came running over to him, a pen and piece of paper in his hands and a bright amd hopeful look on his face. He paused before walking in and stared down at the boy in confusion, raising an eyebrow.

     "Uh, can I help you Nigel?" Percy asked, staring down at him.

     "Can you sign this?" Nigel asked, raising up the piece of parchment and pen he was holding, taking notice of the already written names of Cedric Diggory and Fleur Delacor.

     "Oh, uh.. yeah sure." Percy shrugged his shoulders, placing his books under his arms as he took the parchment and pen. He quickly wrote down his name, glancing up a few times to still see the hopeful look on his face. "Here you go."

     "Thanks!" Nigel thanked, taking the parchment and pen back, beaming up at the older Slytherin before turning and running away back to his friends.

     Percy cocked his head to the side in confusion at what happened as he tried to comprehend, though he ended up just shaking his head and continuing his journey into the library. He walked through the rows of shelves lined with books until he spotted Hermione already sitting down at a table, books and papers already spread out around her as she was deep in thought. She was biting her bottom lip in concentration as she was reading a certain thing in one of books for her class, and it made Percy smile a little at the sight.

     "Fancy finding you here." Percy spoke, making the girl jump before looking up at him as he walked over.

     "Oh, uh, yeah I guess it is." Hermione stuttered, a blush taking over her features as she looked down as Percy took a seat at the table.

     "I'm only teasing." Percy smiled, setting his books down onto the table. "So, what do you want to look over first?"

     "Oh, right!" Hermione perked up as she quickly tried to make her space look more neat. "Well, I was thinking we could first look over Defense Against the Dark Arts, considering we have that upcoming test."

     "Sure, we can do that." Percy nodded, pulling out his DADA book, and getting ready to work.

     It didn't take long for the two to set a pace with getting into work, reading and writing down certain things that could be important to memorize, as well as quizzing one another with them. It was going good and Percy was really getting into the studying, until he suddenly heard a defeated sigh besides him. He looked up from what he was writing, to see Hermione push her own book away and look away from two people hugging nearby.