. ⋆ : ◦ . 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞

✧ ✦ ✧

❛PROLOGUEthat faithful night❜

❛PROLOGUE
that faithful night❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴇᴀʀʟɪᴇʀ

     SCREAMS are what Aliyah Thayer was awoken to that faithful night.

     Tearing off the comforter and sheets that layed over her body, she jumped out of bed, snatching up her wand as she immediately took off out of her room. She made a sharp turn to the stairs, quickly going down them through Thayer Manor, followed closely by her faithful maid- a muggle- Yennefer, who had come out of her courtiers to the sound of the screams.

     Aliyah came to a halting stop in front of her middle sons Percy's bedroom, the place where the screams were coming from. She was trying her best to open the door but to no avail, so she swiftly stepped back and pointed her wand to the doorknob and unlocking it. When the door flew open, a gasp left the woman's mouth before she swiftly shot out another spell.

     The giant wolf that was in her sons room was clutching onto the boy's shoulder with its jaw, before it had to let go as it was forcefully thrown against the wall by Aliyah. She held her wand up, still having it pointed at the wolf as it struggled to stand, giving Yennefer enough time to grab Percy and rush him out of the room. This left her in the room facing against the huge beast.

     "Stay the hell away from my son!" Aliyah yelled, eyes on the golden ones with anger flaring inside.

     She fired another spell at the wolf, trying her best to now push the beast back towards the open window that she only assumed it came in from. After a final one, the wolf was thrown out the room and out the window, making it crash to the ground. With a yelp and stumbling to it's feet, the wolf seemed like it was going to charge, but seemed to think against it as it turned and ran off into the woods, a limp in it's leg.

     When it was out of sight and Aliyah thought it was safe, she quickly turned around and ran out the room. In the hallway, Percy was leaning against the wall, crying out in pain as Yennefer was trying her best to help him. Aliyah quickly ran over and kneeled besides her son, beginning to look over the wounds on his body.

     "Oh god, Percy." Aliyah gasped, taking her sons hand as rolled up the sleeve of his shirt.

     Under the sleeve layed a huge bite mark on his shoulder, the place where the wolfs jaws were on. Blood was slipping from the wound, and Aliyah raised her wand and mumbled out a spell, trying her best to at least take some of the pain away from her son. Percy gasped and then out a scream of pain as his mother began stitching the wound with a spell, just trying to stop the bleeding at least.

     "Mom, what's happening?" A voice spoke up from behind, and quickly looking behind her, Aliyah saw her eldest son, Cillian, who was trying to peer at over her to see what was happening. "What- who did this mom!?"

     "Cillian I need you to calm down!" Aliyah stated, standing up from the ground and stepping in her sons view, trying to pull his away. "I need you to go to take care of Wade and Scarlet. Percy is fine."

     "I- I know, but Percy-" Cillian tried, though stopped short when he saw his mothers pleading gaze. "F-fine, but please make sure he's okay and tell me if anything happens!"

     "Of course." Aliyah sighed, watching as Cillian hesitantly walked away, quickly ushering Scarlet away who had wondered over, leading her and himself to Wade's room.

     Aliyah let out a sigh before rushing back over to Percy who was still whimpering from his pain, Yennefer still besides him as she tried to patch up some of his other wounds. His mother kneeled back down besides him, whispering soothing words to him as she clutched onto her, finally letting his tears out from the fall of his shock of everything. Her thoughts then drifted back to the wolf- no, the werewolf- hoping to god that he would be able to get through it all.

     She knew full well the things that were going to come with that bite, and she just hoped her son would be able to handle the pain that came with it.

EDIT: SEPTEMBER 22, 2021

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
hello hello, i hope everyone enjoyed this rewritten prologue. i'm in the midfle of rewriting the book, so updates for new chapters will be put on hold to just let you know.

anyway have a good day or night and stay safe everyone!

✧ ✦ ✧