𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHTcillian's daughter❜

cillian's daughter❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     WHEN ALIYAH Monroe Thayer was born, after such a long time, Percy seemed to finally have a little happiness in his life. Holding his little niece in his arms, he couldn't help but feel his heart warn up as her little hand clutched his finger. He was terrified to even be close to her, but with much encouragement from, Cillian, he finally got the courage to hold her. When he found out he was going to be her godfather, his fear only increased, and confusion clouded his thoughts at the sudden thing.

     Alara had comforted the boy, saying that he was the right person to take care of Aliyah if anything bad was to happen to her, or Cillian. It was no secret in the family that Alara cared deeply for Percy as a brother. She had lost her little brother to an illness, leaving her an only child with a mother who suffered from mental illness and a father who drank every night and day.

     Though even with her troubles with her family, Alara was still the kindest woman you could ever hope to meet, and Percy was happy for his older brother to have found her. She was the light to the Thayer family that went out the day their mother, Aliyah was found dead, a night Percy held to much grief over.

     But, just like the night of Aliyah's death, the light Alara held was not going to be there forever. For that light was also to be going out, leaving even more darkness in the heart of Perseus Thayer-Black.

✧ ✦ ✧

     HERMIONE SAT on her bed in her dorm, a book in her hands like always as she read, the light of the moon being her only source of light. The book she was reading was one she read a million times, a book that held a dear love to her and Percy. To Kill a Mockingbird was not a book that held such happy meaning in its words, but it was book that Percy used all the time to escape from the real world. When he told Hermione about the meaning of the book to him, it was like he had shared a secret with her that was only between them.

     The book was one of the few Percy owned, and it was a gift to him from his mother. A gift she was never able to hand to him herself. The book in Hermione's hands was the one Percy owned, with its frayed pages, tattered corners, and a long, light slash of claw marks through the cover.

     Hermione found herself staring at the claw marks, her fingers hovering over  them, a took of hurt on her face as she remembered Percy. Those deep brown eyes that held sorrow and grief, but also love for her that she never noticed, but everyone else did. Or the way on a full moon, his eyes would change into a brilliant golden color, or the caramel brown he had the day after. It truly was no secret that Hermione Granger was absolutely in love with Perseus Thayer-Black, and the same could be said for the boy.

     The brunette found her eyes traveling towards the beside her bed, her chocolate brown eyes staring at the full moon, the same full moon she knew Percy was looking at. And she was right.

     Percy sat outside the Malfoy Manor, as he stared at the full moon that had started peaking out from the clouds. He felt that familiar pull inside his gut as the beast inside was now begging to be released, and yet for the times in months, Percy actually felt in control. He felt as if he had a grasp once again on the beast, pulling it back so he could be free. Free from the restraints of the beast for at least one night. One night that wasn't going to be absolutely painful.

     Well, at least one night without the physical pain, but the longing to be next to be with the person he loved. That whole that was tearing its way deeper in his and Hermione's chests. Their hearts knowing that the connection they had was slowly disappearing, being cut one at a time by the darkness that Voldemort so desperately was fueling Percy.

     And at that moment, Percy feared Voldemort was close. Close to finally tipping the boy over the edge that he had been gripping to for so long.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello, its been awhile hasn't it, and I can tell you, I'm sorry for not updating. This has been a stressful few weeks for myself, but I feel like I'm slowly getting back into routine. Hope you like this filler chapter though, and in the next chapter we should be diving into the Half Blood Prince movies and books.

Anyway, have a good day or night, and stay safe in the world. Yay.

✧ ✦ ✧