𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHARACTER THREEbuckbeak the wingman❜

❛CHARACTER THREE
buckbeak the wingman❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     PERCY knew a lot of things, but taking care of a Hippogriff wasn't one of them.

     The Slytherin had a free period during the time Hagrid was to teach his class, so by request, Dumbledore allowed for the half-giant to let Percy be his assistant. So he left the boy alone to go get his class with the Hippogriff, Buckbeak. He was standing a few feet away from creature, holding a few dead rodents as the two stared the other down. He should have said no to Hagrid when he asked if could be his assistant, but he didn't. He couldn't decline the man who was so kind to him.

     But a werewolf and a hippogriff standing only a few feet from each other was not a good idea.

     "You know, rodents aren't really a good thing to... live off of." Percy spoke, throwing a dead ferret to the creature across from him.

     Buckbeak just squawked at him, sending a glare his way as it caught the ferret and began eating it. Percy sighed and shook his head, knowing he was going to get nowhere with the oversized chicken.

     "Why am I even trying," Percy muttered, shaking his head once again. "I'm gonna get nowhere with you. I'm a dog and you're a chicken."

     Buckbeak let out a loud, angry squawk at that comment, scratching at that ground. Percy took a step back, quickly throwing another rodent to distract him.

     "Sorry," Percy apologized, staring him down. "Let's start over- or at least put our differences aside for this class? Please?"

     Buckbeak scratched the ground again, staring him in the eyes as he debated. After a few seconds he looked at the ground and letting out a squawk, seeming to reply with a fine. It was then that Hagrid finally came through the brush of the little clearing the two were in, clearing his gruff voice.

     "A'right ya two, time fer class!" Hagrid announced, coming over and taking some rodents from Percy.

     Percy let a small smile overcome his lips as he saluted at the man. "After you professor."

     Hagrid smiled at the boy. He was still getting used to people calling him professor now, but he still liked it. Especially considering he was teaching Care of Magical Creatures.

     Percy followed Hagrid out to the clearing he had all set up, his students all lined up on the other side. The male was standing close to Buckbeak, leading the creature out and to make that he didn't do anything stupid during the class. He'd occasionally throw a rodent or two to keep Buckbeak's attention on him, trying to draw him away from the group of students who stared over in awe and fear.