𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

✧ ✦ ✧

❛CHAPTER FORTYhis brothers final wishes❜

❛CHAPTER FORTY
his brothers final wishes❜

˙·✧──·✦·──✧·˙

     LOSING SOMEONE you love was a thing Perseus Thayer-Black knew all to well. Many people experience the same thing, losing a loved one by the hands of death. It was a wicked thing, but something no one could ever escape, no matter how long we do try to misstep it. And when you lose one of the last people you actually have left, its the worst one possible.

     And Percy once again lost a loved one, a person who he held as they took their last breaths.

     The running rapidly through the woods, the beat of a rapid heart, and the stinging of tears all struck at Percy at once. Just hours ago he witnessed the Burrow become ash, and now he was given the news about the murder of his eldest brother was about to take place.

     He could already hear the sounds of screams and clashes as he began to get closer to his brothers home. The smell of blood hitting his nose as he pumped his legs faster. He had already lost to much, he couldn't lose the last thing that still had hope for him. That still loved him.

     And when he finally emerged from the trees, it was to late.

     The door busted open, windows shattered, and blood coating the floor. He stepped over the body of a death eater, a shard of glass protruding from his throat as his glassy eyes stared up at him blankly. He ignored it, and he walked into the house, a strangled sob escaping his mouth immediately, his eyes landing on the body of Alara.

     She was lying on the ground in the living room, her throat sliced open and a piece of glass was lying in her hand, her wand was lying a few feet away, the wood snapped in half. He kneeled down beside her, took a deep breath as he closed her eyes.

     And that's when he heard him.

     The quiet moan of pain had been heard from behind him. Percy immediately stood up, quickly walking towards the noise, and he stopped by the stairs as he just barely caught the body of his brother.

     Cillian slumped against his brothers body, his hand sliding against the wall, leaving a blood stained hand print there. He let Percy gently lyed his body on the ground, hissing in pain.

     "Oh god, oh god no, Cillian." Percy gasped, looking down at his brother, seeing how badly his wounds are. He knew his brother wasn't going to be okay, there was no way he was coming back from this.

     "Percy... I-im okay." Cillian strangled to get out, earning wide eyes from the younger male. "I-its okay."

     Percy shook his head. "No it isn't, this isn't okay. You're not okay!"

     "Look at me." Cillian ordered, grabbing Percy's face and making him look at him. "It... It will be o-okay. Do not, d-don't cry over me. Your gonna be alright."

     "No I won't." Percy whispered, his voice breaking. "I'm not gonna be okay."

     "Listen to me, P-percy." Cillian demanded, coughing up some blood. "You know what's right, d-eep down y... you do. Damn the sides of good and bad. But, promise me this. P-promise me you'll... You'll take good care of Aliyah. Look after her for me, p...protect her."

     "I promise." Percy said, before he felt his heart shatter more as he watched his brother take his final breaths.

     In that moment, Percy felt like he was the young kid again, suffering during his first full moon. Or the moment when he found his mother, holding her head his arms, the pain to terrible he couldn't explain it. Then the soft cries of a child entered his mind, and Percy popped back into reality. He let go of his brother, ignoring the blood on him as he began walking up the stairs, the cries becoming louder as he walked down a hallway.

     He walked towards a slightly opened door at the end, and he nudged it open, immediately his eyes connected with huge brown orbs belonging to his niece.

     Aliyah was standing up in her crib, her eyes red and puffy as she stared at the male. She recognized him, and raised her arms up towards him, indicating she wanted to be picked up. Percy did, and cradled the little girl close to his chest, lifting his head and looking out the window when he saw the red and blue lights of the police. There sirens blaring in his head.

     He looked down at a now sleeping little girl, grabbing her favorite stuffed bear and blanket, and then rushing out of the house. He stopped running and looked back one final time, before taking off into the woods, promising to himself.

     He was going to kill whoever orchestrated this attack.

AUTHORS NOTE

This was a quick chapter, I know. But I'm trying to rush through the rest of this, as well as all my previous notes have disappeared. So I'm just going off a limb with writing now. This was still a hard chapter to write, 'cause I do love Cillian, but he had to die because of character development!

Anyway, stay safe everyone, and have good night or day, depending what time your reading this.

✧ ✦ ✧