Chapter 12: Recovering

"Hey, Aphmau!" Ashter says as he rushes to Aphmau as she turns to smile at him.

"Hey, Ash! I didn't expect you to be so early!" Aphmau says as she is finished climbing the steps that reached the level of the school as Ashter smiled.

"How does it feel to be free from that jerk?" Ashter says as Aphmau yells,

"Great! Laurance still doesn't know about to kiss yet so..." Aphmau says as they heard a familiar voice say,

"What about me?" It says as the two jumps as they see Laurance standing behind the two.

"L-Laurance!?!" The two yell as he chuckled.

"Yep, that's me," Laurance says as Aphmau, yet again, starts looking away from him as he chuckled.

*Hey, don't worry, whatever is making me charmed to you, don't hide it." Laurance says as Aphmau blushed even harder.

"T-That is not true! You're just my friend...!" Aphmau says as Ashter nervously chuckles to himself.

"Hehehe... D-Don't sorry Laurance, she's... Just having some issues..." Ashter says as Laurance does nod.

"I understand. It's not every day she gets to be around two hot guys such as ourselves, Ashter." Laurance says as he uses his elbow to poke at Ashter as he blushed as well, Aphmau included.

"It's not like that!" Aphmau yells as Ashter just crosses his arms as he turns away.

"Hey! C'mon guys, it's not that big of a deal! Tell you what, when school is over why not we all go and introduce ourselves to Aphmau's mom?" Laurance says as Ashter and Aphmau's eyes were wide open.

"I haven't seen your mother Aphmau, and it would be nice if I can introduce myself to her," Laurance says as Aphmau quickly says,

"N-No! My mom will KILL you if she sees you with me!" Aphmau says as Laurance brushes it off.

"Oh, I've been through worse than first impressions," Laurance says as Ashter even knows the might and rage of Slyvanna.

"I-I think Aph is right, Slyvanna has barely got to trust me after she figured out-" Ashter says as he paused, remembering the announcement.

"That you're what...?" Laurance says as Ashter sighs, before saying with a regretful taste in his mouth.

"I'm... Garroth's adoptive cousin." Ashter says as Laurance and Aphmau were quiet. Too quiet. As the air became tenser and tenser as Laurance then takes it away.

"Oh, Garroth told me. But that won't matter! C'mon, I'll meet you guys at Aph's house." Laurance says as he rushes off, leaving the two teens behind as they nervously walk to class...

It was now the time when Laurance was about to personally meet with Aphmau's mother as Ashter and Aphmau were nervous as HECK.

"What's taking him so long!?!" Aphmau says as Ashter sighs as he turns his finger around him and Aphmau as their clothes soon changed to their everyday casual wear. Aphmau was surprised by this trick.

"W-Wow... You've improved your magic, Ashter!" Aphmau says as Ashter, who he didn't want to brag, bragged.

"Thanks, Aph. In fact... I've been honing my magic skills privately for the week and managed to learn a lot. I've even got more but..." Ashter stops as he points somewhere,

"Laurance is here," Ashter says as Aphmau looked pale for a moment before regaining her composure.

"Hey guys, sorry for the wait," Laurance says as Aphmau sighs before presenting her home.