Chapter 15: Magical Rivalry

Ashter stands next to Lucinda as the two talked about whatever.

"Well, seems like classes won't be starting in a few minutes..." Ashter says as he fiddles with his fingers as sparks of flames snap as Ashter is seen focusing.

"Calm down, you'll do it wrong if you keep doing that," Lucinda says as Ashter groans.

"Well, NOW you tell me~!" Ashter says as Lucinda chuckled.

"Hey, just because you have a lot of potential doesn't mean you let it go to waste," Lucinda says as Ashter's eyes glow its red color as flames start spinning around Ashter's fingers, surprised, Lucinda, congratulated him.

"Nice job, I didn't think after all those weeks you'd get this far," Lucinda says as Ashter thanked her.

"Thanks, I've been practicing!" Ashter says as his eyes stopped glowing.

"It isn't like many wizards to get an advance spell like that down so quickly, it's a gift! I didn't get that spell down until my last year of Middle School," 

"Well... I mean... What about me being a-"

"Oh, a Werewolf? Yeah... You're a VERY interesting case... It's not like many of you to be around..." Lucinda says as Ashter questioned her.

"What do you mean?" Ashter says as Lucinda chuckled.

"Sweetheart... You're just a very gifted Werewolf, not a half-breed. Although many would consider you one..." Lucinda says as Ashter sighs.

"Well... Why not we just talk about what's been happening lately?" Ashter says as the scene changes from Ashter being outside in his gym class as he is seen running around the field, as he was hit in the face with a fireball.

"Ah-!" Ashter yells as he falls back as he coughs.

"Irene, what the-!?!" Ashter says as he looks up to see another Witch.

"Hey! You, crossbreed! I want to challenge you in a Magic Battle!" Says the witch as Ashter gets up, sighing.

"Whatever you say..." Ashter says as he is then seen walking away from the situation as the witch is seen winded.

"Gotta get back to the field..." Ashter says as the Witch yells,

"I'll get stronger, crossbreed! Don't you forget it!" Says the Witch as Ashter sighs.

Moments later, this happens again.

"Hey! Werewolf!" Says another Werewolf as Ashter turns to see him.

"What-"

"Challenge me!" Says the boy Wolf as Ashter had a blank face.

"Fine... Suit yourself." Ashter says as moments later, he is seen walking away as the Wolf grips his stomach.

"Ow wee!!! That hurt!!!" He says as Ashter sighs, walking away.

The scene is set back to Ashter and Lucinda as she is constantly laughing.

"Oh... My... Irene! This seriously happened!?!" Lucinda says as Ashter sighs.

"Surprisingly, yes," Ashter says as he sighs again.

"Man... At least today is a free period! What do you want to do, Lucy?" Ashter says as Lucinda thinks and thinks...

"Well... Didn't you want to have that Magic Battle you wanted?" Lucinda says as Ashter's eyes widened,

"Oh my, Irene! I completely forgot! Where's the arena!?!" Ashter says as moments later, there is a group of witches and wizards alike around a moderately medium-sized arena with many scents of Magic and Spells.

"Okay! Remember the rules, no potions or weapons allowed!" Says a student as everyone cheers on mainly Lucinda as the two looked at one another, Ashter and Lucinda taking a stance as the student still explains the rules.

"And use your Magic anyway you like!" He says as he soon steps back from the middle of the arena as he puts his arms up, counting down.

"Ready..." He says as Lucinda and Ashter glare at one another as Ashter's eyes glow a fierce red.

"Set..." The student says as fire forms in the two hands as the student swipes his hands down.

"Go!!!" He yells as Ashter rushes to Lucinda, he is ready as she shots a fireball at Ashter, he steps aside as he continues to rush at Lucinda, she uses a barrier as Ashter punch the barrier with the force of a truck as his physical strength, Fire Magic strength, and Werewolf strength cracks the barrier. Lucinda growls under her breath as she jumps back, Ashter takes this opportunity as he sends a barrage of kicks and punches as fire erupt from the force of air that is produced from his punches and kicks.

"My my, Ashter! You've been training!" Lucinda says as Ashter grins as he steps back. Students cheer on the two as Lucinda and Ashter rush at one another, as the two shot a fireball as they hit on impact, as smoke and dust fogs up the arena. Ashter kept his guard as he looked around, he couldn't smell anything...

"Hm..." Ashter says as he felt a barrier around him, as Ashter's eyes widened at this.

"You may have the physical attitudes, but I have more tricks up my sleeve!" Lucinda says as Ashter's eyes turn white, as a whirlwind spins around Lucinda as she grits her teeth, as the barrier breaks as Ashter smirks, rushing at Lucinda as flames bursts on his hands, as Lucinda steps back, the hand is inches away from her as she felt the heat as everyone went silent... Ashter smirks as the flames soon disappear...

"Hehe! I guess that means I win!" Ashter says as Lucinda sighs, as she smiled.

"Well, that means Ashter is the winner!" The student says as everyone clapped and praised Ashter on his Magic skills... As Lucinda is seen walking with Lucinda as she admitted her defeat.

"Well, you win! Man, I didn't think a Freshman like you can learn in a short amount of time!" Lucinda says as Ashter thanked her for the compliment.

"Hehe, thanks, Lucy," Ashter says as the two chatter and talked for the rest of the day... These two are great friends, huh???

Moments later, Ashter is seen with Lucinda as they continue talking to one another.

"I swear, we like, need to have a proper day out! Like seriously, don't you agree?" Lucinda says as Ashter does agree.

"It would be nice if we can just skip school..." Ashter says as he sighs.

"But of course, my mother will murder me if she found out I skipped school," Ashter says as Lucinda could relate to Ashter.

"Ugh, I feel you, my mom would take away all of my potions if I did the same," But then Lucinda remembered something.

"Wait, Ashter," Lucinda says as Ashter turns to meet her stare, as she tells him,

"Meet me here for around half an hour! Promise?" Lucinda says as Ashter gave her a confused look before agreeing.

"Uh... Sure-?" Ashter says as Lucinda thanks him.

"Thank you, Ash! Trust me, I'm not going to do anything!" Lucinda says as she rushes away from the area, as Ashter was confused as ever...

"See you in a bit, Ashy!" Lucinda says as Ashter waves back at her.

"See you soon, too?" Ashter says as he is seen walking away from the school...