Chapter 20: Regaining Friendship

It was a dark cold night... The sky was black with a tint of blues and purples are the stars twinkle in the night sky... But that sky harbored drama that lies below it, as two people talked to one another in a house that was meant to house at least one person.

"Please... If he finds out he'll do something much worst to them than what I put my other child through... He'll trap them... They'll hurt them... So, please... Just keep my baby safe when they're born..."

"Elenalyn... But... What if he can-"

"No! They... They can't take them... They'll just treat him like I did to my other child... I... I won't treat him with the love and care... As HE did with his two children..." Says Elenalyn as the person she talks to nods.

"Okay... You can stay at my place for the next few months... I'll... Inform them that I won't be attending any future meeting..."

"Thank you, Zina! Thank you..." Says Elenalyn as Ashter bursts back to reality as he looks around his classroom...

"I must've... Spaced out there for a second..." Ashter says as his ears and tail weren't there, as he remembers what the doctor told him yesterday...

"They told me to keep my ears and tail away... Why...?" Ashter says as he shrugs it off.

"Must've been for another reason... I can't put my fingers on it..." Ashter says as his teacher excuses the class.

"Okay class, hand in your papers, and have a wonderful day."

Asher walks out of his class as he doesn't know what to do... He has another free period today so he just sits outside on the bleachers as he is seen drawing down whatever he draws, it's disappointing since now he doesn't have his enhanced smelling, sight, and hearing.

"Now... Just a signature... And... Done." Ashter says as a drawing of a flower is seen sketched on his paper. Ashter then hears this,

"Wow. I'm impressed a dog like you can draw so nicely." Says the voice as Ashter's head turns to see none other than Gene.

"Gene... What do you want...?" Ashter says, without a growl, or without any Magic retaliation.

"Hehe... Finally, I can talk to a normal student for once! I want you to tell Aphmau something." Gene says as Ashter scoffs.

"Well too bad for you Aphmau is busy with a friend of hers," Ashter says as he grabs his things, getting up from his as he walks away, but Gene appears in front of him again.

"Wait little pup, I'm not done talking to you," Gene says as Asher groans.

"What do you want? After all the messes you caused I don't care if I talked to you or not." Ashter says as Gene chuckles.

"Than I guess you don't want to see a... Few pictures I got of Aphmau seeing other people..." Gene says with a baby tone as Ashter gave him a very uneasy look.

"What do you mean...?" Ashter says as Gene laughs.

"Oh my, Irene! You too!?! Oh, this is PRICELESS!" Gene says as Ashter's eyes glow red with anger from already talking to him as he steps forward.

"Stop with the stalling and tell me, what do you want!?!" Ashter says as Gene sighs, grabbing two printed pictures from his pocket and handing them to Ashter. Ashter looks to see... Aphmau,

"What's this...?" Ashter says as Gene chuckles.

"I'll leave you to it, mutt! See you later!" Gene says as he walks away from Ashter as he is rendering these pictures...

"Wasn't I with Aaron in those lockers...?" Ashter says as he looks at a picture of Aphmau and Aaron doing the world's most unimaginable pose...

"No. This must've been a trick... But Aphmau is on top..." Ashter says as he tears the picture up.

"No. I was there when Aaron was there, Aphmau couldn't have intentionally walk in." Asher says as he looks at a picture of Aphmau and Laurence in a photo booth...

"Laurance... Why did you..." Ashter says as he clearly sees Laurence's hand pulling Aphmau in for a kiss...

"Laurance... Why did you kiss her...?" Ashter says as he realizes,

"Where's Gene...?" Ashter says as he looks around, seeing no sight of him as Asher growls.

"Sorry doc," Ashter says as his ears and tail pop from his head and back as Ashter's smell grew significantly as he sniffs out the same Spraypaint smell from what he assumes is Gene,

"This way..." Ashter says as he rushes to the smell as it enters the school...

"Where are you..." Ashter says as he opens the door to the inside of the school, as he spots Gene walking away from Garroth.

"Oh no..." Ashter says as he rushes to Garroth, who is seen looking at photos too.

"Garroth! I'm SO glad I found you! Listen, you have to tell you-"

"You are dating her, aren't you, Ashter?" Garroth says as Asher was taken aback by this.

"Wait... What makes you think I'm-"

"I have photos of you being close to her! Don't try to make an excuse! You... I can't talk... See you." Garroth says as he walks away from Ashter,

"Wait-! Garroth-!" Ashter yells as he growls,

"Gene..." Ashter says as he rushes to where he went, as Ashter felt himself growing tired and tired.

"Great... You're close by..." Ashter says as he takes a sharp turn, as he smells the scent leaving... Oh no.

"Laurance... Oh no..." Ashter says as e rushes to him,

"Laurance!" Asher says as he didn't even respond to him. Ashter stops next to the student, as faint shadows appear under his eyes.

"Laurance... Let me explain-" Ashter tries to explain, but Laurance raises his hands to Ashter's way, with a tone of disturbance.

"You don't have to explain anything," Laurance says as Ashter growls,

"Okay! Yes, it looks bad, those pictures, everything! But this is all a misunderstanding-"

"And...? You knew Garroth kissed Aphmau." Laurance says as Ashter didn't even say anything.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Sorry, but I don't want to talk to you." Laurance says as Ashter yells,

"So!?!" Ashter yells as Laurance stops, chuckling.

"So won't cut it. Goodbye Ashter." Laurance says as Ashter yells,

"You kept you and Aphmau kissing from Garroth! Don't try and make me feel guilty!" Ashter yells as Laurance stops entirely.

"You... Knew...?" Laurance says as Ashter is seen walking to Laurance.

"Of course. And you... You'd rather not talk to me than keep your little secret and make me feel guilty!?! I don't even like Aphmau like that!" Ashter yells as Laurance stutters for words.

"I... I...I didn't... Know-"

"That doesn't mean you break your friendship because of it! You and Garroth kissed Aphmau without asking!" Ashter yells as Laurance says,

"But... Garroth-" Ashter is seen grabbing Laurance by his uniforms jacket as Ashter gives him an angered look,

"You better not try and make Aphmau feel guilty either... If you try... Then I'll find you myself..." Ashter says as he tosses Laurance on the ground.

"If you can't see that you and Garroth kissed Aphmau without asking then I don't think you should be her friend," Ashter says as he leaves Laurance to his thoughts... But Ashter felt more and more tired by the second as he puts his ears and tail away, breathing.

"Garroth... If you hurt Aphmau's feelings..." Ashter says as his eyes flicker from red to silver...

"Than I don't think you should be her friend..."

It was the end of the school day, as Ashter is seen mumbling to himself as he walks away from the school.

"I need to text Aph about this when I get home..." Asher says as looks up at the sky, thinking about what's going on,

"Gene... I don't know what you're planning... But I don't like it..." Ashter says as he walks home... Thinking about what's going on...