dead to me

"hello, mrs davidson!" is heard through the thin walls, and you can hear the muffled yelling from georges mom come through the phones speakers.

"ok, maam, ill go check the cells for you."

georges eyes widen, how did she know where hed be?

the door is pulled open and george whips his head around, making eye contact with the police officer.

"george! just the guy i was looking for."

the boy is stood there, eyes locked on the police officer.

ideas run through his mind of what he could do, still starring at the older man in the doorway.

he was saying something, but george blocked it out, still thinking, trying to find a way to get out of this mess.

finally, before an idea he didn't particularly like popped into his head.
he took a deep breath, "here goes nothing." he thinks to himself.

he spins around, back to dream, before giving him an apologetic look, opening his mouth to say something he'd regret.
"never speak to me again, fag. your dead to me."

dream looks taken aback, and so does the cop standing in the doorway.

george stutters over what he was gonna say next, speaking whatever hurtful thing could come to mind, "i- i'm not somebody you know." george pauses, "your obsessed! just leave me alone." he finishes, turning around and facing the cop, "take me home, please."

"holy shit. did i just quote a song? and get away with it?" george thinks to himself, walking out.

the cop nods, turning back and smirking at the kid with a bright green cast around his wrist in the jail cell, before closing the door and walking george out.

"holy shit, dream. i thought you two were like- dating?" wilbur stutters, shocked at what just happened.

"yeah." is all dream says, still seemingly in shock, talk a few steps back and sitting in the jails bed.
he refuses to cry, to let some dumb water out of his eyes just because the cute boy at church yelled at him.

"your dead to me."

that line rang over and over in dreams mind, before he shut his mind off completely, stuffing his head in the pillow supplied in the cell.

"hey, man, my dads gonna be here soon. do you still wanna stay at mine?" wilbur asks, looking over at dream through the rusty bars keeping them locked inside.

"yes. my mom would freak if she found out what happened." dream replies, head still face down in the pillow

wilbur laughs, "tell me about it! my little brother is pissed. luckily technos gonna make them wipe this off of both our records. no one will know about this."

dream turns, "how will techno do that?"

the taller shakes his head in response, "you don't wanna know."