making friends

tw: homophobia

after the church service ended, the priest welcomed everyone for some brunch in the back of the church.

dream reluctantly agreed, sitting up and trudging over to a table in the corner of the room, going on his phone and texting sapnap while his family got the food.

sappy nap

you
help

sappy nap
what?
oh
church
LMAO
F

you
save me
fake your death or something so i can leave

sappy nap
no i gotta bring my sister to her friends house soon
your on your own

you
your choosing your sister over me?!

sappy nap
yes
goodbye, dream!

you
DONT GO
FUCK

sappy nap
cant hear you

you
your texting me
you dont need to hear me

sappy nap
CANT HEAR YOU

you
i hate you

sappy nap
ly2 <3

dream rolled his eyes, shoving his phone back into his pocket and looking around the room.

georges pov ~

"george, youve gotta go talk to him." his father spoke to him.

"what? no! why cant will go..."

"because will is busy helping the women in the back with brunch, george, go speak to him!" will, georges older brother, was also a very important member of the church, but was usually in the back helping to make food.

george looked across the room at the older boy, he was picking his nails and tapping his foot on the floor to a random beat.

he scrunched his nose up at the fact that dream was wearing nail polish.

"is he gay?" george asks, turning to his dad.

"his mother said that he was bisexual." his father replied

"so... gay."

"why does it matter, george?"

"what if he like... makes me gay?"

"dont he silly, boy! go and talk to him already!"

george walked across the room, pulling a chair out and sitting across from the boy.

dream payed no acknowledgment to the younger boy.

"um... hi." george spoke.

dream ignored him, still.

"hello?"

the older boy took his phone out, beginning to scroll through it aimlessly.

george quirked his eye brows, looking back at his dad who waved him forward.

"so... howd you break your wrist?" george asksd, not expecting a reply.

"i jumped out of a car." dream responded, his monotone voice clear as he spoke.

georges eyes widened, "what? whyd you do that!?"

"i didn't want to go to military school."

george laughed in reply, thinking dream was joking, before he realized he was being serious.

"why would you be sent to military school?"

"i spray painted the police station."

"that's horrible!"

dream shrugged, "can you like... go away now?"

george looked taken aback, usually people loved talking to the young boy. he stood up and walked back to his dad.

"so, are you two friends?"

george sighed, "what do you think?"