Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Bloodlust

"I just want to say before all this starts. It isn't quite fair five versus one." I said but more for myself. Those beasts couldn't understand me. To kill those bastards, I must find their weakness. However, I couldn't think about it long. The first one swung its right arm made from a long sharp blade, around to slice me in half. I dodged by hunking down and rolling towards the left, just to face a bad surprise.

The monster slayed down with its other blade like arm. I should have rolled towards the right. Damn. I jumped up and nearly dodged by running left. But there stood another beast.

"I said it's unfair!" I shouted while dodging another attack from this robot. The beast tried to cut off my feet, therefore I just jumped, it missed me. The problem was, I didn't notice my legs were stronger, than I thought they would be and so, sprang higher than I normally do. Maybe my leveling up from last time had more side effects that I could imagine.

My jump was so powerful, that I was above those creatures. However, because of my spring I was now able to reach a strong branch above me. I hung there for only a few seconds. To get onto it I had to pull myself up. I bit my teeth together and made it. This daily guest thingy really made me stronger. I am glad. Sorry for blaming you earlier.

Now I looked down to those who wanted to kill me. Immediately they tried to climb up my tree. Then I saw it. The head was connected to the body by its neck. The great thing was, under the head was a hole and the neck leaded into the centrum of the monster. And right in it, I saw a few wires. I could only see that from above due to its large anatomy. If I just stab right into it or pull out those cable, I can put them off. Therefore, I jumped down, my dagger right above me.

While I landed onto it, I stabbed into the hole. The beast couldn't put me off because it had no hands, therefore it just tried to slice me in half while reaching me. I pulled out some of the cables with my bare hands. It started to stumble and accidentally crashed into another beast. Its blade butted right through the other creature. Its comrade immediately felt backwards, the creature I was on, was pulled with it. I jumped off this thing and both crashed together on the ground.

Both died. How had I noticed? Well, I got another level up. I tuned towards the three ones left. I was focused but smiled. I felt euphoria. This feeling to kill those, nearly dying again, I don't know why, but I enjoyed it.

The three ones, who were left, wasn't as happy as I was. They seemed extremely angry and rushed towards me. This was the first time I saw these blade creatures run and now I knew, they were fast. Their long legs were useful for being quick. Because their legs were sharp, too, I had to be quick as well, to dodge them. I took my advantage of being smaller than them and moved quick around their feet.

But it didn't end well. I was for one second unfocused and got hit by one of those creatures. For my luck it was the blunt side of its leg. I crashed right into the next tree trunk. I gasped. The pain in my back was indescribable. While I tried to recover a bit, those creatures didn't give me time to do so. At the time I could finally move a bit again, they were just to near to dodge them. They even swung their blades at that exact moment.

"Fuck" I said while splitting blood. Then something surprisingly happened. A new hologram popped up. [Sprint: Level 1]. First, I was confused, then it clicked. It is an ability, just like in videogames. Therefore, I used it, how do you ask? I actually can't tell. May this system can read my thoughts or knows what I want to do, who knows.

I barely dodged the blade but didn't quite knew how to stop the sprint and crushed headfirst into a tree. "Auch- ", I groaned. That hurt. I guess I'll come home with bruises again. I tuned around and those creatures chased me.

I sprinted again, above me a new hologram appeared. [1 min of sprint -50 MP] Every minute my Magic points decreases by 50?! I looked at them. I now have. 458 and the digits are going down. While I was distracted by this, I barely ran into one of those creatures again. In the last second, I jumped up. Now I was right above it. I took my dagger and rammed it into the hole of this monster. While doing so I tried to rip of a few cables. I felt the body falling forward, wherefore I sprung off from this monster with a backflip.

I landed exactly on the top of the next one. To be honest, I didn't' expect that I will land on this thing. However, it made more problems to kill it. This creature moved fast, trying to shake me off. It turned around, it moved forwards and backwards fast. I almost fell. I had to hold on to its head, if I hadn't, I would have fallen off. Due to its agitation, it was hard to pull out the wires but at the end, I did it. The blade robot got slower and slower, finally tipping and I got the [Level up] message.

I stepped off from it, looking at the last one, which was the first one I saw. How do I know? Well, this creature was the tallest of all. For sure it wasn't the boss, but maybe one of the stronger normal ones. It looked at me.

I sprinted towards it and it did the same, I screamed, it did so too. When the beast was close enough to split me into two parts, it made a scissor out of its arms. Trying to split me and blocked my path upwards. It assumed that I'll jump up, however I saw its intention and just crouched. It missed me and I rolled to my right, standing up, while doing so. I sprung upwards, landing above it. I tore it apart with my dagger, finally killing it. I hopped off and it went down right in front of my feet. I grinned while seeing the [Level up] message.

"Well, who is now the one who smirks?" I laughed at it. "Never underestimate me again!" I put one hand onto my mask. It is really my lucky charm. Only a few seconds later I heard another scream. It was from the same kind of creature. I'll kill you too, for sure.

With blood lusty eyes I went deeper into theforest.