Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Blue Boxes

The first thing I heard was a sobbing voice, which talked to some male voices. I couldn't quite understand them at first. My head pounded and I felt like my body couldn't even move. I was exhausted and my head hurt a lot. After a while I heard a few of them leave.

After some time, my brain soothed my pain and I tried to open my eyes. First, I was blended by the lights above me. 

At my bed I saw my sister crying. She laid there, here arms over my sleeping place. Lis put her head onto her arms and cried. My heart shattered in thousand pieces. I don't want to hear her cry. She is such a strong person; it is unbearable to see her like that.

"Hey, don't cry- ", I said soft. Lis immediately turned her head up and looked towards me. "You're awake?!" she screamed glad and fell into my arms. "Ouch my ears- ", I said with a smile. I laugh a bit, but my lungs hurt while doing so. "You are such an idiot" she responded. "Yeah, yeah I know" I laughed. She smiled at me while I put my arms around her.

Then something weirded me out. My arm, my left arm which was cut off by this swordsman was back. Nothing was damaged. I looked at it in confusion. It is healed-? Is the sting in my chest gone as well-? Was it all a dream? There wasn't even a scar to be seen.

"What happened?" I asked in confusion. Lis looked at me bewildered. "You went into a dungeon and- and- ", Some tears got back into her eyes. "Those who came out alive said you were dead- Therefore only three from 21 survived." She shivered while explaining me what happened. "A-And- " 

"It's okay." I smiled at her. "You can explain it to me tomorrow. I guess you are pretty exhausted. Where is mom?" "She works. But she was here a few hours ago. We visited you every day, since you were found in this dungeon" "I slept for days-?" I asked. She nodded. "You slept one whole week."

This had to settle down a bit until I understood it. A whole week?! A whole week passed. I worried my family for a week? But the even bigger question is why am I still alive? My arm is back, I have no wounds. Why am I alive?

"The doctors were worried that you wouldn't wake up. You had no injuries when you came into the hospital. Therefore- " "I had no wounds?!" I interrupted her. "What no- That couldn't be- "Lis stayed silence and nodded. She saw towards me with a confused look. "Yes" I looked up to the ceiling.

I died. I should have. My left arm was cut off. I bled a lot. Even if I wouldn't had sacrificed my life a week ago, I still would be dead because of the blood lost. How in earth-

"I- I will call a doctor and tell them, that you are awake." My sister said and left my hospital room. For the first time since I awoke, I looked around. Everything was white. The walls, the bed, the tables. It was cold and uncomfortable. 

While I still couldn't quite realize that I am still alive and fully healed I noticed something. It floated transverse from my sight and moved when I turned my head. It hovered always in the same position from my vision. It was round blue, and an X was written onto it. This thingy was a bit confusing. Can I touch it?

I tapped onto it and I flinched backwards. Some blue boxes, which looked like those who appeared while I died in the dungeon, showed up. "What- ", I mumbled. I sat up and they followed my sight. There were two textboxes. One towards my left. 

'Congratulations, you are now a PLAYER' 

On Its right side it had an X on it. I clicked onto it and the whole message disappeared. I looked to my right where the second and last textbox were. It said: 'You have one message' And underneath it was a button which may open the message- I don't know. I am so weirded out.

Right when I wanted to open the message, the door swung open and a tall man walked in. He had a white smock on and had a bright smile. He was around his fifty's and had giant glasses onto his nose. "Hello mister Green, I am Doctor Thompson, nice to see, that you're awake" 

His smile was terrifying wide, and I just tried to be polite while I felt uncomfortable. He reached out for my hand to shake it. Therefore, I shook his hand. My sister walked into my room as well and stood right next to this doctor.

"We are so glad that you are finally awake. We will make some tests in a few days. If nothing unexpected happens, we will let you leave." Doctor Thompson said with a smile. I replied bewildered. "Yeah, ok- " "How do you feel right now, Mister Green?" He asked. 

"Fine, I guess. My head hurts a bit but since I awoke, I am fine." I explained. "Perfect, perfect" He replied with a grin. Okay this dude really weirds me out. He is just like a creepy clown.

"I guess you should sleep now for a while. Tomorrow at 10 am we'll make some tests okay?" I just nodded. "Perfect, perfect! We'll bring you something for your dinner. We kept you alive with those flexible tubes. Therefore, you didn't dehydrate or starve." He smiled. Yeah, that makes sense. "Have a nice night, mister. If something happens, just push this button to your left" And then he just left the room.

What a weird doctor. I looked towards my sister. "I cost you a lot of money, did I?" I asked guilty. She immediately replied. "Everything's fine. Don't worry. The money was worth it. And we didn't got bankrupt because I took a part time job, therefore-" 

"No! You can't take a part time job! You have to learn!" "Don't worry I can do this." She replied with a smile. Her eyes were still red from her tears, but she seemed so happy that I woke up. I sighed. "I will earn this money back. I promise" 

"No you will never go into those dungeons ever again" she replied harsh "I don't want to lose you" "But I am fine!" "No, you aren't! You slept a whole week, and those survivors said your arm was cut off and you killed yourself and- " 

"But my arm is still there and I am alive without any injuries. Lis, I am fine." I calmly said to hush her. She stayed quiet. "I was so worried, Clay." "I know my lovely sister" I smiled at her and she grinned. "You are so terrible" "I know"

The nurse came into my room and looked at us. "Dinner!" She said with a smile. I smiled back. "Thank you" She gave it to me and left again. My sister sighed. "You won't listen to me, am I right? You don't care what I say, and you'll go into some dungeons again?" I nodded "You're absolutely right" I tried to smile a bit for her. "Just... Promise me you won't go there until you are fully fine again", she said. "Okay, deal" I smirked, and she smiled.

Afterwards she left to get some sleep for herself as well. It had been hard for her to visit me, learn for her dream job and have a part time job. Lis had terrible dark circles under her eyes. She slept less in those last few days.

While I ate my dinner, which was made of some beef, potatoes and vegetables, I looked confused at this blue transparent box. Why did nobody said anything to explain this box? I never saw it in my whole life. Or is it just, no that can't be. Maybe. Just maybe, couldn't they see it? Am I the only person who even notice these things?

________

Hey guys! Thank you so mich for over 100 views! I love you guys! Thank you sooooo much!
I hope you liked this chapter

Merina