Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Hero

I couldn't move. How could I, my body didn't work. But I couldn't just stay here? However, I can't talk to him either. Not only because I was afraid, he'll find out by hearing my voice who I am but as well just because I couldn't. He stood right behind me.

"He isn't that talkative" Nick explained to the brit. "I understand" he said with a smile. Those two words let myself get me in even more trouble. "Nick said, you are an E Rank, right? But you are quite strong" I couldn't answer. I just couldn't. I felt my breath getting faster. I was afraid someone could hear my heart pound; it was so loud. His accent made my brain soft. His voice was so lovely. I didn't even know how I could stand; my legs were soft as pudding.

I heard his steps. He walked in front of him. After three years I saw him again. He was smaller than I remembered. His fluffy brown hair was just meant to be tousled by someone. George was short, did I get taller in those 3 years? I don't know. My heart jumped when I saw at his soft light pink lips. I felt dizzy, almost like I could fall. If I would see into his eyes, I knew I would be trapped. "I see he isn't that chatty" The brit said.

Finally, I snaped out of my rigor. I just passed those to, walking away, saying not even a word. My head up. I heard both talk behind me. "Does he hate me? Did I something wrong?" "I don't think so, but he seems weird. I never saw him like that. Maybe he is ill?" my friend answered his question.

When I was far enough away, I held my right hand onto my chest. There was my heart pounded. "What was that?" I asked myself. I never reacted like that in front of him. I felt like I needed more fresh air. My mask stopped me, getting enough of oxygen. "I have to put it off" I mumbled. I searched a place to hide. I rushed deeper into the woods. 

I sat down on the back of a tree. I put the mask off and laid it onto my side. I laid the back of my head onto the tree trunk. The cold brise, which blow into my overheated head, felt so good. "What the hell" I asked myself while ringing for more air.

I heard some footsteps behind me, coming near. "Dream?! Where are you?" a similar voice asked. "I am here, Nick" I said. My voice was exhausted. Sapnap walked towards me. From his position he could only see my legs. He stopped after seeing my mask next to my body. "Are you ill?" he questioned confused and worried. I put my hands onto my head. "No. Just an overreaction of mine. I am not good with new people" or old ones. 

Nick stayed quiet. I reached for my mask again. Looking at it, while it laid on my lap. "Just make sure I am as far away as possible from our leader" I quietly whispered. "You dislike him?" he was confused. "But he is pretty nice" I stayed quiet for a while and then lied. "Yeah, I hate him"

Everything was quiet. You could only hear the twitter of the few birds and the rustling of the leaves. "Oh okay. I tell him that. So, well stay in the back... even though I am a Tank" I stayed silence. "In 15 minutes, we'll start. See you then" he said and left.

I crumbled together into a small ball. Why am I so overreacting? I was never like that besides him. Never! What the hell happened. I took a deep breath. If I try to figure that out, I will have to stay here forever. I put on my mask again. If he would even know who I really am, he would shout at me, hit me, maybe even kill me?

I went towards the gate, searching Nick. He stood by George; I couldn't get myself looking at him. However, I felt his view onto me. My nerves got crazy. I heard some steps coming towards me. To my luck, It was just Sap. "He said it's fine. I'll stay by your side." I just nodded relieved. I am not alone.

I looked around, looking how many members our team will have. It was more then at my first C Rank dungeon. We were at least 15 people.

The dungeon was... interesting. It didn't seem pretty unusual. It was just a cave. Nothing special. The walls were made from dirt, no stone. Just sand like dirt. A bit wet. Everyone had a torch lightening up the cave. Just like in the Ice cave in the C Dungeon, they were a lot of other channels leading into other tunnels.

George was at the front. Magicians are an unusual type of leaders. They mostly act in the background, but next to him was a tank, to help him, if he has a problem. Therefore, he is saved.

Half an hour passed, and no monster to be seen. I talked with Sap to abstract myself. George is like 40 meters away, maybe 50 and I couldn't handle it well. What is wrong with me? Nick talked all his time about his friend Darryl. What is it with those two?

"And when we first met, we- "My senses played crazy, something is about to happen. I turned my had. With my sharp eyesight I looked around, trying to find out what is wrong. Then I saw it.

A giant ant, maybe as tall as I was, and at least 4 meters long, attacked someone. It came out of a hole right next to him. Next to George, he didn't notice it. His Tank who should have saved him, was too far away. The mouth of this creature was so near, it only had to bite, and Georges head would be off. I couldn't even shout his name. I just moved.

I used my sprint; I didn't even know that I could be this fast. For me everything happened in slow motion, but in reality, I was extremely fast. I bumped into a few people while trying to rescue him. I saw my opportunity to help him, save him. 

When I was near enough, I jumped up onto a giant rock, just to push myself of from it. Headfirst I jumped into George, my impetus was so strong that I had to hug him. If I wouldn't he would have get hurt badly. My momentum was so hard, that we fell onto the ground, rolling. I held him tight, one of my hands at the back of his head so he wouldn't get damaged.

When we finally stopped rolling on the ground, I stretched my arms, just to realize that I am right above him. My hands were right next to his head. He just laid there with shocked eyes. I looked him right into the eyes, just to turn my head sidewards. I felt his warm breath onto my cheek. Shit my mask slipped. I immediately pulled it into its right place again. Only my mouth and cheek were seen. I didn't say a word, you could only hear my breathing. George couldn't move either.

I felt his warm body underneath me; he was so nearby, maybe he was never this close to me ever. I could even smell his sweet scent.

I heard Sapnap calling my name, but it was very distance. The other Tank who should save George, kilt the giant ant. But I just heard the breath of the brit below me.

"How was he this fast?" the magician whispered. He didn't mean to let me hear it; it was just a thought. So, I didn't answer. Then he realized the situation he was in. I didn't move a single muscle. "I thought you hate me. Why did you save me?" he whispered with his sweet voice.

Finally, I got myself to stan up. I didn't look at the magician. Nick ran towards us. I just passed him. In the corner of my eye, I saw George sat up. His face was a bit red. "Watch out, shorty" I mumbled.

Everyone's eyes were onto me. No one said a word. "Thank you dream..." George said, while I left.