Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Traitors

He ran like if his life was on the line and not the short magician's. At the last second possible, he reached him. Nick laid his hand around the shorter male's waist to push him near to himself. The Tank put his shield, just like an umbrella above those too. In fear, the magician, pushed himself nearer to his best friend. The ice spike shattered into thousands of chips. The crash was loud and intense. Darryl squint his eyes in fear, pressing his head onto his defender.

When everything was over, everyone was silent. Nobody said a word, just looked at those two. Daryll shook a bit in fear. His sobbing was the only noise which distracted the silence. Sapnap looked down to these fluffy brown hairs. He let his shield fell with a lout shatter and hugged the magician. "Shh is okay" he said with a smile. The short male looked up with red eyes.

"I am sorry, I couldn't move-", he said with a crying voice. Nick just smiled at him. "Every day for you" Bad's face god a bit red after Nick's words but started to smile again. I just noticed that their faces were close. Almost like-

"Let's go further. I guess someone should babysit that magician." Distracted the leader the atmosphere. Bad and Sapnap rushed apart in just a second. "I-I'll do that" the tank said. The leader nodded. "E-Rank come to the front" I nodded and followed his order.

Soon, after killing a lot of those scorpions and nothing interesting happened, unless my leveling ups, we arrived at the door which leads to the boss room. "Everyone we'll take a break" The leader said. I was about to return, to my two new friends, when the leader stopped me. He held me back by his hand. "I want to talk to you" he said. I nodded and followed him towards the door separating us from the group. I had a bad feeling. "What is it?" I asked. He leant towards me and whistled in my ear. "Do you really think you can do something, you E Rank?" I opened my eyes in shock.

The leader opened the door, everyone stood up surprised. "If you really think you can do something. Just kill it" He grinned and pushed me into the boss room.

Bad an Sap immediately tried to help me but were blocked by the other teammates. I wanted to run out of the room, before it was closed, but I saw my two friends in danger if I do so. They had a knife on Bad's throat.

"Yeah, yeah! Well-behaved. If you stay, there we might not hurt your friends" he smirked ugly. "Fuck you!" I swore cold and the door closed.

I wasn't not only mad at this dude, but also mad at myself. I should have trusted my senses. Ugh. I turned around and saw what will face me. The room was made from ice. There were a lot of shiny crystals. Now I knew why they sent me in. The boss 'sleeps' after one attack round. If I die here this would count as one round, because every enemy would be killed. Then they can enter and loot the boss, even though they didn't kill him. But this wouldn't count as an cleared dungeon. Someone has to kill it, or it will break in our world.

I don't have a choice. I'll kill this beast, even if it's an C Rank Boss and rescue my friends. They trust me, they hope I'll come back. And I know I can kill it.

I went deeper into the room when I saw it I didn't even shock in fear. I was a giant scorpion. Above its head it said: [Queen of the scorpions] I took my dagger and bow out of my inventory. I put the bow onto my back. This thing slept. I smiled. "Let's wake you up. ", I used my bow to shoot one of the arrows right into his left eye. This creature screamed and I guess the others could hear it outside this room two. A message popped up right in front of my eyes. I have to kill it, or I'll die. This will get interesting.

This creature crawl towards me, his tail ready to sting me. I used a doppelganger to sting that thing and not me while I sprint right behind me. I got the ability doppelganger from this elf in the D Rank Dungeon. Of course, it focused on the other me while I sprinted soundless behind him. My doppelganger cost me 100 MP. I jumped onto its ice blue carapace. While it killed my other self, I stinged this creature in its back. It screamed in pain. It used his sharp end of his poisonous tail to sting me. I dodged it without any problems. I ran towards the head of this monster and jumped up, using the momentum to get more strength and break its head armor with my dagger.