Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Ice spikes

I immediately felt the cold air around us. My breath made some tiny clouds. It must be under 14 Fahrenheit (-10 °C) around here. I was glad that I had an hoodie. Nick for his example just wore a normal T-shirt and some armor. "Here guys" The magician said and conjured some warm winter clothes for us and our other teammate. They thanked him with a smile. Everyone was given a torch because this cave was dark as hell.

"Why is it so damn cold" Sapnap swore while putting on his jacket. "Language!" Darryl screamed. What made me laugh a bit, wherefore Nick locked towards me and laughed with me. "Hey, do you two muffins laugh at me?" Bad asked while smiling.

"Hey, you three children" someone blamed us "Come on" "Hey I am 25!" the short male said upset, while Nick and I just laughed. I passed Bad and tousled the fluffy hair. "Let's goooo!" Nick said while surpassing the shortest.

The cave was quite interesting. It looked like a frost cave. All the walls were made from ice. On the ceiling were a lot of huge ice spikes. To be for real, they must be minimum as large as a normal human being. The height of the room was tremendous. At least 10 meters tall (32 Feet) maybe 12 (39 Feet). Every time you'll speak, it will echo. The tunnels had a lot of paths which lead in other tunnels. Just like a labyrinth. It was frightening. Enemies could come from everywhere.

We heard some disgusting sounds and immediately stopped. Something is coming. I would say these monsters are insects, because of the weird sound they made. The problem was, due to the echo, we couldn't quite figure out where these beasts are coming from.

"Where will they come from" asked the leader. My senses pushed in. "From above!" I screamed while looking up. There came shiny blue scorpions out of it. Their backs were frozen. They crawl out of the hole. They were at least five, no seven. Their tails shined in the reflection of the torches we hd. On the top of their heads this sign floated again. [Glazier Scorpions]

The first on jumped down, right between the three of us and the other part of the party. Our defender Nick immediately went with his shield in front of us. He stopped the giant scorpion from hitting his mates. "Use your fire!" He screamed towards the magician who held onto his stab in fear. Then he nodded.

Darryl started mumbling something in a language I didn't understand. In the center of the circle of his stab it started glowing red. Only a few seconds later the scorpion stood in flames, he was grilling it. While everyone was focused on this one scorpion, which was killed by Bad, a many other jumped down. One right behind the wizard, trying to sting him.

The short male turned around, but he couldn't do anything. He just froze. From behind I heard Sapnap shouting. He ran right towards the other man. "Bad, move!" But It would be to late. He couldn't reach him and defend his best friend.

Luckily, the magician never died. Before the scorpion could even sting him, a green arrow was in his head. The scorpion just fell together just like if you cut a pupped its threads. Light blue blood came out of its skull.

Both immediately locked towards the person who shot this thing down. I just grinned, what they of course didn't see, due to my mask hiding my face. However, they could hear it. While they had their eyes wide open, I said with the bow in my hands. "I guess I have to babysit you guys."

Nick instantly smiled. "I see" He turned around to use his shield to protect him and Darryl. And then I shot a few more down with my new gained bow. It is extremely useful. It magically generated its own arrows. Of course, I had to sacrifice my own MP to create them. Anyways the arrows are more powerful, so it's worth it.

I leveled up quite a bit until we killed all of them. "You have good senses" the leader said towards me. "Thanks for warning us about the scorpions" I don't know why, but I don't trust him. We went forward and Nick started talking to me. "You are good with a bow. But I didn't saw you with one entering the dungeon." Oh yeah, I just pulled it out of my inventory. Ups. "My backpack" I just said.

"Ahhh" he said and Bad giggled. "He wouldn't wear it just for fun, you muffinhead." "Yeah yeah. I know I am a dumb Nick" "Nah you aren't that stupid" Both smiled at each other. Is it just me or does they act like a married couple? Nah, they are just best friends.

A sad and nostalgic feeling arose inside of me. Would he and I be like them if this Awakening thing never happened? Best buddies?

"Hey, E Rank. Come to the front. You have to say where these beasts will come from. And you B Tank. We need you in the front. You are our defense. The magician should stay in the back for support." The leader said to us. I nodded and turned towards bad. Sap did so too. "See you later" I smiled and left them. Sapnap did it just like me, he was right behind me. I was already on my way to the leader.

Suddenly we heard a snap. One of those ice spikes on the top of the ceiling, cracked. We all looked up. It already felt when we noticed where this thing was. Right above the brown haired, green eyed, muffin saying Magician. I already wanted to use my sprint to save him but was distracted by a male's voice.

"Bad!" he screamed. I never saw Sapnap run this fast, may never will seeing him like that ever again...