Chapter 18

Chapter 18: The Wasp

I didn't say a word afterwards. I decided to give him a wide berth. Nick was extremely confused, just like everyone else. However, I stayed quiet and focused. I blessed god, that since my rescuing, George didn't have any trouble at all and stayed save. I killed a lot of those ants. While leveling up I used my skill points.

This situation makes me insane. Even though he is meters away from me, he makes me insane. At those seconds I laid above him, made my brain don't work a lot of times. Mostly at those times when the young Tank is talking. My thoughts are drifting off so easily. I still remember his warmth. His body being under mine. His sweet scent. His shocking beautiful eyes.

They were like fresh hazelnuts, like a deep sea of brown. Around his pupil his brown was getting lighter and at the rand of his iris the brown tone was dark. You could look at them forever. I only had the choice to look away. If I didn't, I would have drowned in his eyes.

I remembered his expression. His lips were opened a bit, his slightly pink lips. They seemed soft as marshmallows. The only question is, would they taste like that?

Clay! What the hell? Why do you think about that?!

I should distract myself and listen to Nicks words. I don't even know why I thought about that, I mean, we aren't even friends? We were just childhood friends, like- It would be totally weird if- No Clay stop. It's weird. The only think I want is being friends, nothing more. I mean if we would even get to be friends. He could never see my face and he totally dislike me for sure. Not only Clay but Dream as well. Both of my Identities.

Finally, we got to the boss room, or the door that led towards it and made a break. I wasn't delighted by the fact, that we are going into that room. Not for my own sake, but his. I didn't want that something horrible happens to him. May I sound overprotective or if I hadn't any trust into his abilities, but I just wanted to get sure. I know George is strong, extraordinarily strong. That is why I look up to him, but I am still terrified by the imagination seeing him hurt or die.

I wish I could kill this beast alone, but a B Rank Boss? Could I even kill it? No, I don't have to question it. I can kill it. I have to.

The only problem is, how could I enter the boss room, without anyone who could notice it. Maybe I can convince Nick and he could deviate them for me. He is the only one I can trust here, even though I hate to rely on anyone. But he is someone I can really trust.

I don't know if this 19-year-old Tank can read my thoughts, which would be terrifying if he could, but he just decided to talk to our leader, making it perfect for me to disappear. Being not very outstanding and attention-grabbing, I can get in there more easily. The only person who should look out who is going near the boss room door is distracted by my friend.

So, I sneaked towards the door and opened it just a split wide so I can go through. Therefore, I did so. Being in the way colder boss room made me relieved. I can beat this monster, go back, save my childhood friend and-

"What are you doing here, Dream?" said a remarkably similar voice harsh. I stopped every movement. Fuck, Now I have fun talking me out of this, even though I can barely speak to him. What should I do? What should I even say? The truth, no he totally wouldn't believe me. He is the A Rank, and I am just an E Rank. And even if he thinks I can do it, what should I say. 'Hey George. I am just hear to kill the boss to protect you, because I can't live with the imagination that you'll get hurt' Yeah totally. Of course, he wouldn't trust me, not only because I let Nick inform him, that I just hate him, even though it wasn't the truth, but because I just got without permission in this room. And then he would ask why I lied and said I hate him and-

While my brain started to find out the worst-case scenario, my leader walked towards me. He was right behind me. "You can't kill this Boss alone. You are an E Rank" I turned around, staying silence. The brit looked up to me. His mimic was serious and kind of angry. I just felt like I was back in school. Like every time when a teacher looked at me, when I got into some trouble. I still didn't answer, just looking down on him. I felt my hands shaking and my body sweating.

This small magician in front of me didn't stopped staring at me in a mad mood. Just lifted his eyebrow. Right when I finally got the guts to answer him and may talk me out of this situation, a third member entered this room.

"Why are you two here?" asked my friend Nick. Seeing me in a damn sweaty situation, he just smiled. "George, leave him alone, I know what he is about to do." He knows? Even I was surprised. At least the eyes of our leader aren't on me anymore. I breathed in relieve.

"And why, and why couldn't he explain it?" "Because he'll be embarrassed" He smirked. I don't now what he is up to, but he is probably saving my life. Both George and I are looking at this young male. "Because he is overprotective" he smiled. I expanded my eyes in shock. How? "You said he hates me" said George in confusion. The American laughed. We didn't. For me this whole situation was just tense. I want to leave my spot badly. We shouldn't forget that a boss is nearby.

"Dream won't let anyone die. He is protective. He cares" I stayed silence. He is correct. I would lie if I want to say other ways. But I am confused. Am I so obvious? "He does?" was the only thing George said. Sapnap nodded. "But he can't kill a-"

The brit couldn't finish his sentence. Not because Sapnap interrupted him er so. It was because we all heard a extraordinary loud voice. It was like a loud buzz. I turned around and observed the area. This boss room wasn't extremely large but tall. The ceiling was maybe 30-40 meters above our heads. And right on top of it there was this wasp. This giant, ugly, hovering wasp. It was at least 10 meters long and 3 meters tall. A monster thing and the worst part, it looked directly at us. Like if we were its prey. Above its head was his name. [Giant Cave Wasp]

I got both of my daggers out of my inventory and walked towards it. It was right on the top of the ceiling. Gladly George and Nick didn't saw my blades coming out of nothing. "Stay back. I'll kill it" I just said seriously. I will protect them.

"How?! You can't get up there!" George said confused. I just smirked. My eyes got filled with bloodlust. My tongue licked my lips wet. Anticipation filled my body.

"You'll see, shorty"