Chapter 12

Chapter 12 Elf

I killed a lot of them. Growing stronger by processing. How deeper I got into the forest, the monster got stronger. My level increased a lot. Clearing a D Dungeon alone is quite good for leveling.

I skilled my points into sense, speed and strengths. Sense is helpful if someone tries a sneak attack. You can feel where the monsters will come from and what they about to do, so you can dodge their attacks better. This will help with those monsters here. Some points I used for intelligence, and focus.

When I got near the center, I felt the atmosphere getting more tense. I licked my lips in excitement. The boss is nearby. I know that. I can feel it. Due to the tightness of the forest, I first didn't find the boss area. However, I found it. It was a circle shaped glade. But it wasn't quite empty, it seemed like there was a kind of campfire in the middle. Everywhere were components of those robots I just fought. Behind the campfire was a metal desk with a lot of tools. Anyways the most important thing I saw was a human like person in the middle. His hair was green, and his clothes just looked like what craftsman would wear. The oddest thing for sure was its spiky ears. It had to be an elf.

His ears moved a second and he turned towards me. I was irritated by his eyes. They were yellow and had a slit as its pupil. The elf wasn't quite happy. "So, you're the one who killed my creations?!" he snarled. "You can speak" I asked confused. "Of course, I can" he sniped. If he wasn't this unpolite, I would even say he looked kind of cute. He wasn't tall either. Maybe as tall as George is, or even smaller. Above his head it was written.

He noticed that I analyzed him. "Do you always wear this stupid mask? I want to see your life fade out of your eyes" "How rude" I said harsh. He snarled his teeth. I could see his sharp canine tooth. I guess he wasn't here just to chat. "However, you wanted to kill me. I had to kill your creatures" I complained. He didn't answer, just looked to his creatures. "Kill him"

They were only three, easily manageable. When it tried to attack me, I had sprung towards my left. Landed with my feet onto a tree trunk only to push myself off it with an even stronger jump. Heading towards those robots, just to tear their insides out. One of them fell fast. Now the second one.

"Woah- ", I gasped while barely dodging an arrow. "Shit" The elf, who shot it swore. I looked towards him, but I can't get through until I'll kill those other two. Easier set then done, because now I have to watch out for arrows as well. Annoying.

When the next monster was nearby, I just jumped upwards with a somersault and landed onto this robot. On top I moved my chest sidewards to dodge an arrow. Afterwards I ripped out some wires and split some in two with the dagger. Only a few seconds later I was on the third one due to a somersault I did. While jumping from this one creature onto the other, this elf tried to shoot me down with his bow but missed.

The next one was down in just a fraction of a second. Its chest felt in his creator's direction and therefore the elf had to take a step back or would be crushed. I stayed onto this robot and now was right in front of him. "I guess now you'll die" I grinned under my mask looking at him. I stabbed him into his chest. But he fell apart just like sand. I was confused.

"In your dreams" His voice said behind me and only a moment later I felt immense pain in my left shoulder. I fell on my knees. I gasped and my eyes where wide open. The pain was insane. He had shot me with one of his bows. I heard steps behind me coming near me. "I thought you were cleverer. But you humans always are the same. But I am impressed. Never one of you came alone. A lonely wolf, huh" I bit my teeth together. I hissed. "But I'll kill you anyways" "I don't guess so"

He stood right before me. His one hand was ready to stab me. It held an arrow and I saw his smirk. He kicked my mask away from my head. "Now I can see your life fade away" he grinned "Humans are disgusting." And then he stabbed, but in the last second, I stopped his movement by holding his wrist. It was painful, due to using the arm whose shoulder was wounded "Yeah I know" He looked in shock, while I stabbed my dagger into his small body.

And then he died.

I pulled the arrow out of my body, knowing a lot of blood will come out. "Except daily guest gift" I just said fatigue, but just in a few seconds I was healed and totally fine. I stood up and looked down at the dead elf. He seemed like sleeping. "Why do you monsters want to kill us? Why do we have to kill each other" I asked him, getting no answer of course. I sighed.

A few new holograms popped up.

'You killed the boss: [Engineering forest elf]'

'[Level up]'

'You gained the ability [Doubleganger: Level 1]'

'You gained the ability [Sharp eyesight: Level 1]'

'You obtained the weapon [Green forest bow]'

'You obtained a potion [Healing potion]'

'You obtained [Shiny crystal]'

I looked at the bow in my inventory. For sure I'll use it. A long-range weapon is always helpful. The shiny crystal is perfect! It brings me a lot of money. We could live with that for a whole month I should sell it on my way home. I took my mask and put it on again. I will never leave it anywhere.

When I left the dungeon, the gate closed, because none living person was in there anymore. I was surprised that I wasn't alone. There stood a few hunters, waiting for a few more to clear the dungeon.

"What- Someone was already in there?! I heard no group going in" a tall man said and looked confused. "Yeah, I went in alone" I just mumbled while all of them gasped. "Sorry for steeling your dungeon" They all looked at me with fascinated and amazed. "You'll must be so strong" I just answered with a silent voice. "No... not enough"

On my way home I went into the dungeons shop. Those people there sell and buy weapons. You can make a lot of money here selling stuff. Those people knew me because I sold everything I have ever found. These shiny crystals are very robust and are used to build buildings or for decorated things like chandeliers or jewelries. They were just too beautiful.

"Oh, hi Dream! Nice to see you again. I've heard you had an accident" the old man behind the counter smiled. I nodded. "Yeah. Kind of" He knew I didn't quite talk a lot. I laid the crystal onto his counter. It wasn't as large as my hand, but you can hold it without a problem. It wasn't small and in a pretty commend size. The salesman whistled. "Whoa you got that. I am proud of you. Did a friend of you gave it to you?" He asked while proving if it was real. "Kind of" I just said.

He nodded. "I see, I see" He smiled. "I'll give you the money"

I left the shop with a smile. Mom and Lis will be so happy. And tomorrow I'll go into my first C Dungeon. But for sure not alone.