Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Level up

I really wanted to try this key out, but those doctors had other plans. The whole day they made tests to get information about my condition. I barely could make my daily quest. It was my second time I tried doing it, but I felt an improvement.

It is much easier to train with this system, whatever this system even is. It is just like a videogame. My stats improve with this system better. If I had to get at this state I am right now without this system, I had to train at least two weeks.

But maybe this torture I had a few days ago did something as well. It might help to grow my muscles. Who knows?

The only thing they found out in these tests were that I had an iron deficiency. They didn't know why but the doctors recommended me to eat food with lot of iron in it. Like beef, fish or legumes.

It was already my fourth day in this hospital when I could finally leave it. It was in the evening and my sister picked me up. The doctor told her about the iron deficiency.

Therefore, we ate legumes with sausages as an evening meal. On the dinner table I finally saw my mother again. When she saw me, she hugged me tight and gave me thousands of kisses. I was happy being at home again. I felt save and loved.

I don't like legumes that much, therefore I just ate them to make my sister happy. She really enjoyed cocking and was good at it. Lis may have a tuff day at work, I didn't want to bother her any longer and went to bed early. My mother seemed tired too. Those two worked a lot longer as they should. I felt guilty for being the reason why we had less money.

Therefore, I couldn't sleep. These guilty thoughts kept me awake. I got up and changed my clothes. I smiled when I investigated the mirror, I just looked like always. I didn't change a bit since high school. Always this green hoodie. I took my smiley mask and put it into my backpack. I want to try out this key.

I crept out of our apartment and left the building. The city was still full of people even though it's around 10pm. It is crazy how long people stay up and go into bars or discos. I never went to one, I am not a party type of person. Besides, it wasn't a good way to spent money.

Then at an entrance of an underground train station I opened my inventory. How could I get this thing even into my hands and out of my inventory? Should I just, like click it? I tried but it only popped up some information about it.

"Or maybe- ", I mumbled. I put my arm through this hologram and felt in it this key. I pulled it out and now it was in my hand. Weird. I looked at it. It was made from silver and shined in the moonlight. "Cool" I said. So now I just have to turn it around? Like a key opening a lock? I looked upwards and stretched my arm out. Afterwards I turned the key around.

A giant blue portal appeared right in front of me. "Woah- "

I looked around to see the reaction of the people around be, but no one even cared. They just walked by without even looking at it. One woman just passed me while I looked around. She walked right towards the portal. "Wait don't go through- "

Something confusing happened, she didn't enter the gate like it wasn't even there. She just entered the train station. Then it hit me. Only I can see it. Only I can go through. It is there just for me? Do I have to clear it all alone?

I put on my mask. Let's try it out. And I went through.

I find myself in an old antique building. There were pillars everywhere and everything was made of stone bricks. I turned around; no gate was there anymore. I was alone in this dark room. The only light source I 've found was a few torches on the walls.

I heard a hissing from behind. I turned around again. A giant cat, no tiger, stood before me. Above it was a lettering in white. "Blood lusty wild Tiger" I mumbled. Its paw moved forwards and its torso leant down. It was ready to jump towards me. Its nails made a high uncomfortable sound on the ground when it had moved its paw. It let me make a step backwards.

Therefore, it saw this for its opportunity to attack me. It jumped towards me. I don't know how, but because I let it to my institution, I jumped upwards, made a somersault above it and it crashed right into the walls behind me. The wall crumbled and some dust fell from the ceiling. The tiger screamed out in pain.

"How the hell did I just- ", I was surprised that I even can make a somersault. I never did one in my entire life. I even landed perfectly on the ground again. The tiger looked at me angry wanting to battel me. Do I even have a chance to kill this thing without dying? I don't even have weapon-

It hit me. The swordslady's sword! I opened my inventory. The tiger started running towards me. I don't have a lot of time to think.

I dived my hand right into the hologram and pulled this sword out in one swing. I held it up and defended myself. The sword was right between its mouth, stopping it from biting.

I smelled its bad breath. Its slobber felt onto my green hoodie. I must let go or it will use its sharp nails to kill me. I rolled towards the side and it bit in the air, missing me. I turned towards its left side.

"Now you'll die!" I screamed stabbing it in its chest. First it moved around to get this sword out of its body, but I just turned my sword around and it roared in pain until the life in its eyes faded away. It was dead. I killed it. I killed my first monster.

Next to me a message popped up.

[Level up]

I laughed in euphoria. "I-I finally killed one. After 3 years!" I heard a loud hissing from behind. I turned around and saw two more tigers standing only 10 meters away. I grinned. I put the sword out of the lifeless monster I just killed. Its blood ran down my sword and dropped unto the ground. With a silent splash it made a tiny puddle.

"Just come here you two. I will kill you like your buddy"

Right after I said this line, they rushed towards me with this blood lust in their eyes. I just smirked. I know I can kill them. Now I have nothing to fear. I will level up.