Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Second Awakening 

When the doctor entered my room with two shady looking men, I was already finished with my daily quest. When I finished the quest, a new text box popped up with a congratulation and it had a button underneath it. I was exhausted after this quest but the gift of it made me feel better and made my exhaustion fade away. I don't know how but I didn't blame it.

Then I sat down onto a bench and clicked around. More and more boxes opened, and I found a blue transparent one who reflected myself. I saw my whole body and next to it some stats. In confusion I raised one eyebrow. Level, Health, strengths, fatigue, speed, magic points and more stood there. Low points stood next to those words. My Level was exactly 1.

It reminded me of some videogames I played when I was a teenager. These fantasy rpg stuff games.

I tried to guess what this all meant, but I didn't have a clue. Am I a video figure now or what am I? Does this mean I can level up and change my Rank? What if. No don't be so optimistic. This could also go in the complete other direction. What if it has the right to control my life and way of living, just like these daily quests I have to do. But it may be the thing why I survived. Who knows? So, it is good? The question is, why me? Why none of those who died in this dungeon besides me? The swordswoman would have been such a better choice. Why did I had to come out alive?

Those two men had black suits on and this measurement with hem, which measures the magic level. Doctor Thompson smiled again with his creepy grin. "Those two from the government want to measure your Rank again. We may think you could have a second awakening."

A second awakening is something unusual. Normally you awake once and afterwards your Rank never changes. But in some cases, you get a second awakening. If you get one you can get stronger. It is the only thing to switch your Rank into a higher one. Mostly C, B or A Ranks get a second awakening but also can happen to a D or E one. Everyone of those who aren't a high rank hope for those second awakenings, the only problem is it almost never happens. Since in those 20 years only 100 from a 7 billion population had a second awakening. Therefore, your dream wouldn't come true.

Did I have a second awakening? Well, none of those ever said about this quest system. And they got immediately stronger. They like jumped 1 to 2 Ranks higher or even more if you were a D or E rank. But at my case, if it even comes true, I only can get stronger by time. I was even unsure if that even was the case.

"I don't think so" I complained. "I don't feel stronger" "That doesn't have to mean anything." One of those black suited men said. His voice was deep and harsh. It frightened me; therefore, I just accepted this test.

I laid my hands onto this measurement and it made some weird noises. It beeped, it ringed it and it rustled. Then on its display a number appeared. 40.

The men looked disappointed and I kind of felt bad. Even to those I am a disappointment.

Afterwards they just left, and I sat alone with this creepy clown doctor. "It was a try worth it. Tomorrow we will make some medical tests and the day after tomorrow, if the results are fine, you can leave."

And then he let me alone in my hospital room. Everything was quiet again. I sighed. What should I do now? I hate it to nothing. Therefore, I opened my stats again and searched if I have an inventory or not. I tried to compare this with a video game. It seemed like it was built up just like one. Then I found it. In it was two thinks.

A long metal sword from the swordswoman who saved my life. I smiled sadly; I am sorry I couldn't save her life, but it reminded me that she didn't only saved my life once. Against one of those lizards, against this giant swordsman statue and at the end I ended my life with her sword to rescue everyone. If you ask me, she is the real hero. I wished I knew her name.

Next to the sword was a grey key. A key? I tapped onto it to find some information and right next to it a grey textbox popped up. 'Can open a weak instant dungeon' Underneath it explained how to do so. An instant dungeon. What? I may can create one of those things?! What the-

I try to stay calm. I have to try this thing out. I don't have another choice. It doesn't make any sense that it could work. It is horrifying if this works. Tomorrow after my daily quest I will try it out. I don't have to go through alone. Therefore, nothing will happen towards me if it even opens, what I don't think it would.

I hope my sister won't get mad at me for trying this thingy out.