(48) Trust

Midoriya stood atop a building, playing over the directions in his head and looking at the building two streets away mentally confirming it was the right one.

He was beginning not having and plan but he couldn't help it. As soon as he his eyes opened and focused he heard a beeping sound belonging to a phone. He absentmindedly reached for the phone only realizing it wasn't his when he held it in his hands, he meant to put it back down but the beginning of the message caught his attention "From Hisaya" and after reading it his mind went blank thinking of nothing but the fact that Hisaya was missing and he needed to save her, dropping the phone he quickly dress grabbing Recovery Girl's card and heading out the window. Leaving the phone purposely so they could fine them.

If anything it would have been better to tell them and not come, he was probably further worrying them and Todoroki...he pushed the thought aside before the guilt overflow. But with all his senses screaming to save his dear cousin, he needed to atleast be there, first hand and he knew they wouldn't let him leave.

Now here he was outside, the adrenaline running out and his worry and fatigue sinking in.

He ignored it but since he got up his bones felt heavy and groggy, throat painfully dry.

he was, cold, he felt tired and weak his body was screaming at him that it wasn't awake yet. Because of all these side effects What ever Toga had injected into him might have surely killed him if he wasn't taken to the infirmary so quickly and also if if was because of his vampiric nature.

He stood unmoving still not knowing if he should try sneaking in when he heard foot steps. Panick surged through him as he dash behind some empty crates trying to ignore the pounding of his frantic heart in his own ears. He listened, it fortunately sounded like only one person but they were quickly approaching. He assume it was probably a Villain ruling out hero's because they wouldn't just send one? Right?

A soon as the person came close Midoriya quickly jumped from his hiding spot and to look for an opening to knock tge person out only to be sent tumbling across the roof with them. Ending up on top of them top of them looking for a vital yet none lethal part of their body but his foggy panicked mind and glazed eyes didn't register the person underneath him until he felt the blistering feeling of cold enveloping his harm and a

"Midoriya."

He froze. Only now probably looking sown at the person he thought was a threat.

"Todoroki."

They stared at each other a minute tge only sound in the air being their heavy breathing, before Midoriya's body sagged, all the fight in him seemingly to leak out and he dropped his head, hair curtaining his eyes.

"Midoriya—" Todoroki said before his eyed dropped to the greeneth's forearm. He has frozen in defense, out of intint "Oh my god I'm so sorry—" he stuttered in panick attempting the quickly thaw amd warm the arm whistle not burning him.

Midoriya didn't move nor flinch has Todoroki defrosted his arm. Only sat unmoving particularly straddling the taller but neither made a moved or mentioned it.

Getting worried my the the freckled boy's silence so Todoroki called him name glance up to eyes still curtained by green curls.

"Midoriya?" He tried again and then there was a sniffled and shake of shoulders and before he could register what was happening the tears  streaming down the boy above him face was wet him abdomen.

"Midoriya.."

"I'm sorry." he sniff, curling his fingers in the cloth of Shoto's shirt.

"It's oka—"