(23)

Normal POV

After his encounter with Midoriya in the cafeteria, Todoroki manager to somewhat compose himself there on out, going about how he usually would with Midoriya and the others. His heart beat with speed up considerably, a lingering feeling, the feeling of sometimes just wanting to hold the smaller was always fought down and replaced with him normal demeanor.

He felt strange like he was deceiving people, ' when had it gotten so hard to hide my feelings?' he thought, But it had been a few days now and no seem to point it out or notice so he guess he was doing fine. Outwardly that is.

He figure that it would be better himself and Midoriya so just focus on training for exams.

And Midoriya's health.

Keeping his promise, for the last three days he proceeded with personally checking with Midoriya three times a day. When they met into morning, at lunch and at dinner. He wasn't sure if vampire hunger followed a normal eating pattern so he just made sure every plausible chance he got. But the other assured he was suprisely fine.

Yesterday (Monday) he had the chance of talking to him more about it. Apparently he can feel hungry for normal food and does have a taste for certain foods like everyone else, but it's more of want then a need, craving for a snack if you will.

If he were for some reason decided to live off of blood alone it wouldn't be a problem and wouldn't need food.

So in conclusion;

Blood.
Number one source of nourishment. Life necessity.

Normal Food.
Basically just a snack. A cover if you will.

Midoriya mentioned before that before all of this, his usual feeding took place every three days. But it was currently day 4, Tuesday afternoon. And the other assured him he was infact still fine.

Training had just finished for the evening and Shouto was heading to his room after showering, honestly exhausted both physically and mentally.

Midoriya seemed to be doing pretty well in training, switching to his legs like that to avoid breaking his arms, he couldn't help but feel a bit relieved at that, knowing the won't be getting hurt so badly from his own power and so often.

Midoriya POV

I thought since tomorrow was Wednesday and my mom assured me that My blood parchments where to arrive on Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest that They would infact be here. But they weren't.

I just got off the phone with my mom, as soon as I answered the call I could hear the worry and panick dripping from my mom's voice.

Turns out she had some complications with the order and It probably won't be here till Friday. You would think getting pints of blood wouldn't be this hard since hospitals have loads of them, but being a vampire and trying to keep thst fact from anyone had its draw backs. I don't think you could write down "Is Vampire" on your medical bill so you can borrow blood from hospitals.

Trying to keep disappointed and worry from showing in my voice I spent quite a bit of time trying to calm my mom down. I had no choice but to convince her that I was by some miracle, I was suprisely fine and if push comes to shove I'd ...' borrow' a pint from the school's infirmary.

She seemed a bit hesitant but agreed to drop it but not before promising that if things didn't work out by she would come down to the school herself and either give blood herself or carry him to a private hospital hoping to get some.

Saying the ur goodbyes. I pocketed my phone with a sigh walking away from UA's Mailroom where I had 'hoped' my package would have already arived but I guest not.

I wasn't as worried as I thought I would be in this situation since now I had Todoroki, the way I mentally phrased the sentence making me slightly blush. I had to Todoroki now but I was really pining on the hope of my parchments getting here before my hunger so I didn't need to feed on Todoroki.

Though I was slightly surprised and quite greatful that feeding seemed extended to between every fives day instead of two. Even though we it was the weekend a few days ago most of the students who were to take the exams still stuck to training. I was no exception. I was busy getting use to using my new shoot style but not forgotten to do little arm workouts here and there to keep them in shape.

I had just came back from training settling for showering in the locker room to go to mail room but to no avail, now I'm heading back to the dorms.

I felt tired. Ofcourse I was.

But I was also hungry.

The fatigue and building hunger over the last few days of training finally ready to be quenched.

Maybe this could be dealt with tomorrow or I could just wait till Friday? Or maybe I could could just do what I told mom, get some blood from the infirmary saving him the guilt of lying to my mother.

But...

If I did that there was also the guilt of stealing from the school AND lying to Todoroki. I promised him that I would come to him as soon as I felt hungry.

*sigh* I was tired and I don't think I was mentally ready to bite my friend again. I'll go bed early before—

"Midoriya!"

'damn'

I was just nearing the doors of the 1-A dorms when Todoroki just show up at the door. I guess the universe wasn't on my side right now, or in a sense maybe it was since it was bringing the only person who could help me right now right to me...........against my will.

I had no choice.

"Oh hey Todoroki." I paused giving a smile and a wave. Said boy came down the stairs at my height, well sort of he's taller after all, face seeming neutral but with a bit of worry lased in which you wouldn't noticed if you didn't know him.

"I was just coming to check on you for the night and you weren't in your room, or the bath, or Iida's room and everyone mostly in the common room but you weren't there and—

I could explain the warmed that swelled up in my chest and cheek, listening to Todoroki worry about me, it felt....nice, I've had bunch of people and friends worry about me before, ofcourse they would they would I used to break myself on a regular basis, but the attention Todoroki gave me, felt different...

"I'm fine, I just went to the mail office."

"oh" he froze taking in my appearance. "I just wanted to you know, if- you know - if your—

I felt my body tense and my head drop knowing full well what he was gonna ask. Its been going on for the four days now.

'Now or Never'

"I am."

*silence*

"what?" Todoroki asked slowly, I let out quiet chuckle at the fact that he seemed abit surprised that I actually easily admitted it after all these days.

Lifting my gaze to meet his I gave a nervous smile.
"I said.... I'm hungry."

"oh...........Then.......then I guess we should head to your room and um..."

"uh no it's better if we go to your room since your the one who will need the rest after...if that's okay."

"Oh. If fine then."

"yeah." we both quietly and abit walk to the front door, the atmosphere between us abit awkward, Todoroki behind me untill I stopped at the door handle.
"oh I should grabbed the stuff I asked you to drink before. So mind going on ahead without me and I'll meet you at your room ok?" I muttered hand paused at the door nob waiting for the taller's reply.
He just gave curt nod as we entered the dorm.

***********************************