Chapter 7

You rang the bell and Mia opened the door;

"You've literally scared all of us" she said

"I'm scared too" you said. She saw the expression on your face and frowned, "what's wrong?" She asked.

"Come on, I'll tell everyone together" you took her to the living room where everyone was sitting.

"Y/n what the fuck" Diego got up and gave you a hug, "I thought you were in an accident or something"

"Don't ever do this again" Liam said and punched your arm.

"What happened?" Maia asked.

You sat down, hollowed your cheek with your tongue, "I need to go to Seoul"

"You what?" Eric seemed shocked.

"My research proposal got approved" you said.

"Oh my god honey, that's great news" your mom said.

"Yes but um.. to continue with the research, I need to go to Seoul" you said.

"Seoul out of all places" Mia said.

"I know" you sank back in the chair., "it's just so.. unbelievably funny"

"You have a terrible sense of humour" Diego said.

"No, I mean, think about it.. Dr. Smith said there were two options.. but Seoul had a better team of scientists.. oh by the way, I'll be leading 10 scientists under me" you said.

"Whoa, that's so fucking cool" Eric said and gave you a high five.

"Yeah I know right" you said, "but she went ahead and chose Seoul because my colleague told her that almost all my pictures on my feed are from Seoul" you were laughing, "I mean WHAT THE FUCK? WHO EVEN TALKS ABOUT THIS SHIT"

"Yeah right, go ahead and tell her that Jimin clicked most of them" Maia said, "wait, who chose Seoul?"

"Dr. Smith" Eric said, "pay attention Maia"

"Oh right" Maia said, "so what now?"

"I can't let this go" you said, "but I don't know what to do"

"You told Jungkook didn't you?" Maia asked.

You nodded.

"How the fuck do you know everything?" Liam was clutching his hair.

"They've literally been friends their entire life" Diego said, "and yeah, I feel you.. MAIA THIS IS CREEPY"

"shut up Diego" Maia said, "I thought you guys were used to this now"

"No, we're never getting used to it" Eric said.

Maia rolled her eyes, "anyway, what did he say?"

"He said that he's proud of me and that he can't wait for me to come" you said.

"He's such a sweet boy" your mom said.

"Yeah he's actually nice" Jake said.

"I need your opinions" you said, "please tell me, what should I do"

"Okay wait, don't tell me anything to my face" you said, "text them to Mia, she'll read them out loud without naming the person"

"Wow, what a terrible idea" Mia said, "but okay as you say"

And so everyone began texting Mia, after about 5 minutes everyone was done so you asked her to start reading.

"Okay, first text" she said, "it's not gonna be easy but I know you can do it"

You knew this was your mom..

"Next, This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, don't let it go" Mia said.

Eric..

"I don't wanna let you go, crying emoji, crying emoji, but I know what this means to you" Mia said.

You weren't sure why, but this had to be Liam..

"You've put your soul into this y/n.. don't make a stupid decision, I can't see you going but this is something you have to do for yourself.. for your future.. it might be emotionally exhausting.. but you have to do it" Mia said.

Definitely Maia..

"No matter what decision you make, I'm always there with you" Mia said.

Diego..

"Go for it y/n.. this means the world to you" Mia said.

Jakey..

"And, the last one" Mia said, not reading this time, "I know this might hurt like a bitch.. and it's probably gonna be the toughest decision of your life.. but the y/n I know, is a risk taker.. I don't want you to let this opportunity slide and then regret it your entire life.. I don't want this to be a 'what if' in your life.. you're the strongest person I know y/n. I know you can do this"  she had tears in her eyes.

"It wasn't really worth sending the texts to Mia because I actually knew who wrote what" you said.

Okay why is this so emotional? I'm not going for a war...

"So I guess it's decided" you said , "I'm going"

"It won't be bad" Maia said.

"It'll be great" Eric said.

"When do you leave?" Liam asked.

Wait.. is he.. sad? I've never seen this boy so upset.. he's always the most cheerful person..

"In a month" you answered.

"How long?" Mia asked.

"Cant say, but I'll be gone a long time" you said.

"Okay guys, let's not get emotional now.. this is good news.. y/n's proposal got approved, that's a HUGE deal..let's party." Diego said, and everyone cheered, "not you Maia, you're not drinking"

"I hate you Diego" Maia said and he chuckled.

"But I love you" he scrunched his nose.

"Yeah whatever, I love you too" Maia said, "but I agree with my husband, we should celebrate this" then she looked at Diego, "and I won't drink"

Okay so my professors cancelled my class, said that they would start from Monday.. they're lazier than I am...why did I wake up in the morning?