Chapter 27

FLASHBACK:

You were at the airport, flying back to (your country) after a week long trip with Jimin.

It was quite unexpected, Jimin just called you and told you that he sent you a ticket to Greece because he barely got to spend time with you and he wanted to have you to himself for an entire week.

The trip was exhilarating. You mostly spent time indoors but you did as many activities as you could. Jimin certainly wasn't lying when he said he wanted to have you to himself.

You were smiling to yourself thinking about the entire trip.

You had decided to part ways at the airport, just in case someone recognised.
Even though Jimin's flight was two hours after yours, he decided to accompany you to the airport.

The flight wasn't very long, but it was exhausting nonetheless. Even though you got some sleep on the way, your neck was sore by the time you woke up.

Jimin had asked you to text him as soon as you landed and you did the same. Although he wouldn't receive the text as he would still be on the flight.

You saw Eric and Maia waiting for you at the airport. Even though they hugged you as they normally would, they seemed tense. You couldn't really place it but it was pretty obvious that something was bothering them and they were just waiting for the right time to tell you.

"What is it?" You asked after an awkwardly silent car ride back home, "why are you being weird?"

They gave each other side glances, as if asking the other person to talk.
Finally Maia gave in;

"You're trending" she said.

"What?" You were genuinely confused.

"On Twitter" she said, "someone snapped a picture"

The greatest nightmare, ever since you had started dating Jimin almost three years back, this was the day you were most afraid of. You had always been so careful about it, always making sure no one saw you. But apparently this trip made you careless.

You were staring at her with a bizarre expression when Eric showed you his phone.
It was the clearest picture ever, as if it were captured on a professional camera. And certainly, you were currently trending as the mysterious girl spotted with Park Jimin in the streets of Athens, Greece.

Despite the fact that you found it very annoying, you didn't know what to do.. you didn't wanna worry Jimin with this, you didn't wanna tell anyone anything. But you still told Jungkook.

y/n: did you check Twitter?

Jungkook: no why?
Jungkook: OH FUCK
Jungkook: OH FUCK FUCK FUCK WHAT THE FUCK

y/n: what now?

Jungkook: let's talk to hyung about this later.

y/n: NO
y/n: DONT

Jungkook: WHY

y/n: just don't, lemme figure this out.

Jungkook: okay, just don't act stupid.

y/n: Noted sir

Jimin did get to know about it all later and was mad at you for not telling him  but his anger cooled down.
He had no reaction to this. You dreaded that he would consider breaking up, or he would ask you to stay away but he did nothing like that.
He just asked you to stay calm and not think too much about it.
He didn't give a crap about the hate tweets, he didn't even try to falsify the claims. He just said that BigHit would deal with these people and was completely chill.

That was until the hate messages started to roll in...

BACK TO THE PRESENT:

You were certain that Eric and Maia were hiding something from you.

None of them realised, but they had a tell.
Maia would subconsciously put a lock of her hair behind her ear and Eric would bite his tongue, a lot. They didn't know that being friends for so long leaves you completely exposed.

You tried to extract it out from them, but it didn't help. Then you tried to ask Diego, Jake even Liam, but none of them said anything.

As for work, it had suddenly started going pretty well;

"Oh my god" you exclaimed softly, "oh my god oh my god oh my god I can't believe this"

You kept staring at the graph on the computer screen in front of you.
You had been working on this particular experiment for the past two weeks and every attempt seemed to be failing. You were at a point of complete breakdown because every single person in the lab was working on the same thing and no other work was being done.
But then you thought of taking a different approach, something you hadn't ever used. Turns out, it worked better than expected.

"Guys come here" you shouted, "I mean, Doctors"

"What's wrong Dr. L/n?" Dr. Lewis asked.

You pointed to the screen in front of you.

"Oh my god" Dr. Han said.

"Exactly" you grinned and the entire lab burst into cries of joy.

"I can't believe it" Dr. Park said, "we finally got the result"

"You did it Dr. L/n" Dr. Brown giggled.

And everyone went on congratulating each other on their first success they had seen in weeks. It was a beautiful feeling. You were finally getting out of your slump.

"This calls for a celebration" said Dr. Choi.. much expected.

"I completely agree" Dr. Jung said.. so not expected.

"We've never really gone out together, as a team" Dr Lewis said, "we should definitely go out for drinks"

Everyone looked at you, as if asking for approval. Even though they should've refrained from talking about drinking while in the lab, you couldn't help but laugh.
"Oh yes, we're definitely celebrating"

I wanted to update sooner but I've been down with fever😭😭
Namjoon listens to 34+35 while working out😭I need to die😭

HAPPY 8 YEARS WITH YOONGI❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️