Chapter 42 (Interact please💜🤝)

Helloooooo, I have a question for you towards the end!! Do read the footnote and lemme know!!

"What? That makes no sense." You said.

It had been two weeks since you came to (your country). Maia and the baby were perfectly healthy now and back home. You were spending all your time with Maia and little Isaac.
Work was still going on, but you were guiding everyone online rather than physical presence. You were planning to go back next week.
Eric had finally told you what they had been hiding since forever, the complications in Maia's pregnancy, and you had had a terrible outburst on them. Then Eric got Jina in front of you and you stopped shouting. But you were still very upset with all of them.
As for what Taehyung had to tell you, he said he forgot what he had to say. Jungkook was quieter than his usual chirpy self as if avoiding to talk to you and Taehyung constantly looked like he wanted to spill something but couldn't.

"What part of this doesn't make sense to you?" Maia asked.

"Any of it" you said, "Jungshook is not even a real word."

Maia had clearly been cheating on scrabble, but you let her because she just went through one of your biggest nightmares, pregnancy. But she needed to stop making words that were not even real.

"Yeah okay whatever, I can never win this game against you anyway" Maia said, turning the board upside down.

"You're such a brat" you said and laughed, "and now you'll expect me to clean this up" you sighed.

"Yes obviously" she giggled, "oh before I forget, I had to talk to you about something."

"Go on" you said.

"First tell me this, how was your date with Liam?" She asked.

"My WHAT? It wasn't a date" you said, confused, "he just wanted to go out for coffee."

"Are you blind?" She asked, "he is clearly in love with you."

"No he's not" you said.

"Come on y/n. I get that you didn't want to see anybody's obvious affections towards you before.. but it's high time" she said.

When you didn't say anything she continued talking, "it's high time, you need to move on. You need to be happy in your life, y/n. You cannot stay stuck on one person forever. That chapter is over now. I really don't care who you're with as long as you're happy. But we've known Liam for so long.. and he's a great guy! You could, maybe, give him a chance?"

"I don't know Maia.. I don't wanna hurt him" you said.

"So you do know that he likes you" she said.

"Yeah, I'm not blind.. but it's easier if I pretend that I don't know it" you said, "or I don't realise it."

"Peak douchebag behaviour" she said.

"I know" you whined, "but what can I do"

"Go on a date with him, give him a chance. He might surprise you." She said.

"Yeah but I'm going back next week." You said, "what's the point?"

"As if you haven't been in a long distance before" Maia said.

You rolled your eyes, "I don't know, not now.. I haven't prepared myself mentally."

"Give it some thought, I know he's not going anywhere" she said and you nodded.

AUTHOR'S POV: JIMIN

The breakup with Jessica wasn't as ugly as Jimin might've anticipated. She seemed pretty cool about it, as if she might've been expecting it.. it seemed only a matter of time.

It had been a little over two weeks and she even seemed ready to try being friends. Since Jimin still wasn't very comfortable around either Taehyung or Jungkook and neither of his hyungs beside Namjoon knew about this and he was rather busy, he decided that hanging out with Jessica couldn't hurt since they actually knew each other.

Nobody seemed shocked by Jimin's decision to break it off with Jessica. They thought he made the right decision.

Jimin was more or less tired of asking Taehyung and Jungkook about when y/n was planning to come back. Jimin had almost made up his mind to go visit her but then he was stopped by Jungkook who told him that this unplanned trip was more of a detox for y/n and she needed it.. so he shouldn't disturb her.

"Do you have any idea when she'll be coming back?" Jimin asked Taehyung for the hundredth time.

"Wait, let me call her in front of you." Taehyung said as he dialed y/n.

"Hey" he said.

"Hey, how are you?" y/n asked and Jimin suddenly felt too overwhelmed.

Yup,, her voice still gives me butterflies.

"I'm great. When are you coming back?" Taehyung asked.

"I'm not sure Tae.. I mean, I want to come back as soon as possible.. I'm missing out on a LOT of work but then.. this is nice.. Seoul was giving me a headache.." she laughed lightly, "but maybe next week.. I can't say for sure."

Taehyung hummed in response, "Hope to see you soon y/n! We miss you"

"I miss you too" she said, "okay I gotta go now.. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, bye"

"She doesn't know" Jimin said.

"Doesn't know what?" Taehyung asked.

"That I know" Jimin said.

Taehyung shook his head, "not yet. Couldn't tell her.. I'll tell her once she's back."

"Or maybe don't" Jimin said and Taehyung looked at him all baffled, "let me.. let me tell her myself"

"Are you sure?" Taehyung asked.

Jimin nodded.

"Okay but let her come back first" Taehyung said and Jimin nodded again.

PLEASE DO INTERACT HERE!!

Okay so this book is more or less coming to an end after a few chapter..

I did talk about how happy endings are a cliche but I still wish to go forth with a happy ending since majority of you want a happy ending (including me).

But I might have two alternate endings in mind, 'one where they remain friends', 'the other where they decide to remain friends but find love in each other again because they never really stopped loving each other'.

So if you guys want the book to end in the first way, I could do that.. If you want the second ending, I could write a  few more chapters with time skips about how love always finds a way and Jimin and y/n would end up together.

Or I could do both. You can choose whether or not you wish to read the latter part of it, you can stop after they sort things and remain friends.
I would really want to go with this^ doing both.

*as to why I'm discussing this.. the comments in the previous interactive chapter did mention both these happy endings*