Friendships?

Apocalypse- Cigarettes After Sex

"I'm going to Techno's. Make sure you train a bit." I roll my eyes at Dream and go back to making my lunch. "What?" He asks.

"Nothing. I didn't say anything." I say quietly.

"Well you were obviously thinking something." He says from behind me.

"I wasn't. Be safe." I tell him as I make tea.

"Lia. What?" His stern voice asks. I stop stirring and turn to him.

"Why do you always have to go look for Tommy? He's obviously dead, and if he isn't then he doesn't want to see us or he would be here already." I say, finally getting it off my chest. He pulls his mask to the side of his head to see me properly.

"I want to make sure he's safe. He could have gotten lost." His tone is dangerous and in a warning manner.

"Tommy wouldn't get lost. He knows how to get to L'Manberg and the SMP like the back of his hand. Just give up, he's not coming back." I shake my head and look back to my unmade drink.

"Why would i give up? He's my friend, and for him being your twin I would have thought you would care for him like I do." He says.

"I do care for him. But he doesn't care for me so I don't go around chasing after him." I say quietly.

"Well I'm sorry for being a good friend." He raises his voice making me let out a shaky breath.

"I-"

"No! You know what, no. If you want to loose all of your friends by arguing about friendship that you clearly don't understand then be my guest!" I turn around to look at him. His eyes are glaring harshly at me.

"I'm sorry." I mumble.

"Huh?" He asks loudly.

"I'm sorry Dream." I say a bit louder.

"Now I'm going to Technoblade to look for your twin." He leaves my house with a slam in the door making me slide against the wall to the floor. Not again, not again, oh god please no again...

————————————————————

"Hi." I greet quietly as I pass Quackity.

"Hi Lia." He responds blankly. I look down to my hands and begin to fidget nervously with my rings. After a deep breath I turn back around and take a small step towards my old friend who's lightly strumming his guitar. He's wearing his old blue sweatshirt and black jeans with his iconic black and blue beanie.

"Uh, can I sit?" I ask. He doesn't respond but moves on the bench a bit. I sit down next to him and look around. This is our bench. Our old bench. You see, there was Tommy and Tubbo, of course. Then me and Quackity. We were best friends our whole lives and even after the accident he helped me explain stuff with the exception of my family from Phil's request. So, you can only imagine how I feel sitting back on our old bench with Quackity again.

"I'm sorry Lia." He says barely above a whisper.I look to him confused but his eyes are glued to the instrument in his hands.

"Sorry? For what?" I ask. He looks up to my eyes. Even though he's older than me by almost two years, I've always seemed like the older one in the group, this is one of those times.

"For everything. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you for making up with Dream. And I definitely shouldn't have fought with you." He shakes his head and looks away towards the mountains in the distance. I nod.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have egged you on. I guess I was just upset that everyone kinda turned against me." I chuckle awkwardly.

He smiles and nods, "So, we're good? No more fighting?" I smile softly to the mountains.

"As long as you don't force me back into L'manberg, then yeah. We're good." He nods and hugs me to which I return.

"Im so sorry, I don't know why I got so upset that I would ruin our friendship." I nod into his shoulder, missing his warmth and-

"Lia?" My eyes snap open and I pull back from the hug to see Dream behind the bench. "Uh, you coming back?" I nod quickly and don't look back to my old friend as I briskly walk to Dream.

"What's that about?" He whispers as we walk back to my house.

"Oh, we made up." I tell him shyly. He nods and we walk the rest of the way in silence.

Quackity's POV

I watch as Lia walks away with Dream, confusion evident on my face. I just made up with my best friend and she's just going to leave without looking back for some dude who has no face? I slowly turn back around to sit facing the mountains and creek in front of me. Huh?

"YOU MADE UP WITH LIA!" I fall off the bench from the sudden noise and look up to see Tubbo with wide eyes.

"Jesus! Say it louder, maybe I'll even fall down this hill into the rocky creek." I say sarcastically.

"Sorry." He mumbles.

"Yeah I made up with Lia, what about it?" I ask as I pull myself off the ground.

He stares at me blankly for a second, "You made up with your best friend. That's pretty exciting." I'm about to make another snarky remark when I realize why he's so excited for me. He wishes it was him and Tommy. He wishes Tommy were alive to make up with him.

"Oh, yeah. Thank you, Tubbo." He smiles a toothy grin and looks to the old bench I was previously sitting on. It has white paint splattered on parts of it from when me and Lia painted it a new coat of brown but I accidentally tripped over the white. It also has different dates of exciting or important days with small explanations written in permanent marker. At the top there are engraved words that live in my head 24/7.

Big Q and Lil L
      The best of the biz
Never not together (cuz we're awesome)

"You guys are so weird." Tubbo says after reading it.

"What? It's true." I cross my arms and he rolls his eyes.

"You copied the bench from me and Tommy." He says.

"But we added our own special spice." I smile to him.