The day of

A/n:

I wrote the beginning in the theater waiting to watch black widow for the second time btw

Florence Pugh confuses my sexuality more than wilbur and Niki do, and that's a lot <3

"Lia!" I internally groan, turning to Tubbo with a fake smile.

"Hi Tubbo, what's up?" I ask once he's by my side.

"Can you watch michael for a couple hours? I need to get materials and Ranboo's mining." I clench my jaw at the thought of babysitting right before a suicide mission and nod stiffly.

"Yea of course, I'll try to stay for awhile but I'm going to the red banquet so I'll have to leave around 4:30ish." I tell him, beginning to walk in the direction of Snowchester.

"Oh? Does Tommy know." I roll my eyes, accidentally dropping my painfully obvious fake smile.

"Does it matter? I'll tell him if I run into him." I say, checking my watch as if I hadn't minutes before Tubbo found me.

"Ok..." Tubbo drags out. I glance to him, making sure he's following me only to see him staring.

"What, Tubbo?" I ask with a sigh, walking down the long wooden staircase swiftly.

"What's with all the sleeves? It's hot." He says, pointing at my jumper.

"I'm cold." I lie, hopping down the last few steps.

"Ok, well Michael's been learning a few new words, if he calls you something different, point to that thing and correct him. If he calls you auntie or Lia or whatever variations of that, that your comfortable with, praise him and keep referring to yourself as that, it's pretty surprising he's learning English so soon so we need to keep it up." Tubbo says, slightly bragging at his son's smarts.

I chuckle, "got it." As we push through the overgrown path, i move to pull my trident from my back. When my hand goes through air, i glance over my shoulder, sighing at no sign of my trident. I don't know why I expected to have it, I wasn't planning on doing anything but the banquet today.

"Forgot your trident?" Tubbo points out the obvious, holding his. I nod, stopping at the water tunnel.

"Im sure you can borrow one on your way back, i have a pair of boots you can borrow if you'd like." I nod gratefully, taking the iron boots from the teen once he pulls them out.

"Thanks." I nod, pulling them on. They're big but that's expected when they're not my shoes. Tubbo steps through the water, launching himself with his trident to the other side. Sighing, i prepare myself to run through water before sprinting at the tunnel.

Time skip

Michael flops on the floor, staring up at me. I look back to Tubbo who's going over rules, like always.

"Ranboo should be home soon, i don't need you to watch him for long it's just that everyone I trust to watch michael is busy today." I nod understandingly, part of me scared to see Ranboo again.

"Does he need to eat anything? I'm not sure when dinner is for him." I bring up, pulling my hair into a loose ponytail, not caring it probably looks like shit.

"If he says he's hungry, you can feed him the snacks in the kitchen, they're on the counter. Other than that he should be good, i just fed him dinner." Tubbo tells me, kneeling to say 'bye' to his son. I watch them interact, part of me happy for michael to get a loving father- fathers? In his life since they didn't get the same treatment.

"Bye Lia, love you!" He calls as he climbs down the ladder. I wave, sitting on the floor once the trapdoors closed again.

"Hi buddy." I greet michael, a small grin on my face. He stands up, waving at me. I chuckle at the kid, moving to his toy basket to pick something out to occupy us for the time being. Little patters of feet follow mine and i giggle at the sight of michael coming up next to me, already leaning over the side of the basket for his foam sword.