silence

Silence is a normal thing. Everyone's experienced it in their lifetime. It could be filled with different meanings: comfort, understanding, grief, anger,.

And, despite her outgoing personality with friends, Lia was a known presence with silence. This being said, she was always very calm when it came over her life, never getting stressed to fill it with something. In fact, she liked the silence, it gave her time for her thoughts to run freely and her daydreams to wander throughout her mind.

So the agonizing silence that filled her and Tommy's afternoon made her jumbled thoughts even more confused with the new found hatred. It felt like a million people were telling Lia to do things, judging her for the way she looked from the long grass to her twin's wet hair. It felt as if her skin was too tight or her old shirt was suddenly too stiff around her neck. It felt as if her socks were sweaty even though the day was beyond cold, like her hair was falling in all the wrong places, even though it was in a bun out of the way.

Lia watched as Tommy held the towel closer to his shivering body, the same one he's been holding since he changed from his shower. She looked back to his old vacation home, a place where his animals used to live freely without harm. Of course, they all happen to be dead now. She looked back to the view in front of her, in the distance she could just barely make out the ruins of her old home over the hill.

"Can we talk please?" Tommy asks quietly and slowly, analyzing his words before speaking.

Lia wanted to talk, that's the only thing she's been wanting to do for over a week. Then again, she wasn't expecting her twin to be alive after his supposed death. Twice.

She opened her mouth before scrunching up her nose as she slowly closes her mouth again. She was completely confused, she, she saw his dead body! She saw the man she forgave holding a rotten potato over his head while blood poured from it! He was dead!

"Yea."

Despite her agreement to talk, the twins sat in silence once again. She couldn't look at him without a new thought coming into her full head. He couldn't look at her without feeling a wave of guilt and sadness. It was an equal silence they displayed, each trying to think of something, anything, to say to fill the silence.

"So, what happened?" Lia asks, the biggest question nagging at her tongue.

Tommy let's out a shaky breath as he pulls the towel up higher. He knew she would ask her this, everyone has, and when they see him, everyone will. He came back from the dead for crying out loud!

Tommy chooses his next words carefully, something he always seems to forgot leading to him being in a situation he didn't mean to come upon.

"As much as I understand you'd like to know, I don't think I can tell you- not, not right now at least." Tommy tells her, avoiding her eyes. She stays quiet so he wracks his brain to continue,
"I don't want to have to repeat what happened to multiple people, Lia. I'd rather tell big groups at a time, the thought even- even the thought makes me sick to my stomach."

"I'm sorry, yea, no, it's ok you can tell me whenever your comfortable, of course." She nods, positioning her gaze in front of her again. Tommy smiles slightly, missing her simple acts of kindness he took to heart so much.

"How'd you get the white streak?" Lia asks, trying to let out the simple questions first. Tommy let's out a shaky laugh at her way of trying to let her curiosity out nicely, but answers anyway.

"I think I just got it when I died." Tommy stops short after he says it, seemingly not adjusted to the facts.

"Looks like Fundy's." Lia nudges his arm slightly with a chuckle, something her twin repeats.

"I haven't seen that furry in awhile, wonder how he's doing." Tommy thinks aloud. Lia lets out a set of giggles at the adjective he uses but nods anyway. Tommy cracks a smile at his sister.

Even though they didn't know they were related for long, they've always acted like siblings, it was weird to think of her any different. Tommy was automatically protective of Lia, even though he knew she could beat anyone's ass up, most likely better than he could. He was initially hurt when she didn't come out to him at the same time as everyone else, thinking she didn't trust him or was scared of his reaction, but he didn't care in the end, glad she even did it at all. Lia was a big part of his life, and spending a day without even a 'hey' makes his anxiety skyrocket.

If anyone were to survive the strange country they lived in, he wanted it to be her, he prayed for it to be her.

Even after the weeks he spent alone in exile, because of her presence leaving, he didn't get upset with her, he knew she was just trying to prove a point, possibly getting caught up with the power Dream brought her, but Tommy knew she'd come back, she always did.

So he felt like shit after being away from her in the prison. Dream had somehow always made conversations about Lia, trying to learn if she was ok outside of the dim lit room, or if the flowers everyone loved to gift her were living happily in her garden, Dream never failed to bring Tommy's guilty thoughts back to Lia. Maybe he was doing it on purpose, to make Tommy feel bad and slowly crumble away from life, maybe he was calling him selfish because he knew Tommy would do anything for Lia, making him the least selfish person when he was around her, and that seven letter word made him feel as if he was failing at his one life purpose.

He did a lot of things to torture Tommy, so as the blue-eyed twins sat laughing at their saddening and unfulfilled family members, Tommy assumed Dream wanted to manipulate the two, the 21 year old's soul purpose being to damage the lives of kids around him.

Instead he was very different.

Clay 'Dream' Puffy loved everyone in the country, which hurt him even more when the curse he unlocked years ago controlled him to hurt his most loved ones. He thought maybe, just maybe, Lia could understand that with her now under the control of the Dreamon.

But,

Then again,

When has anything ever gone anyone's way in the Dream SMP?

A/n:

YOOOO I ACTUALLY FINISHED A CHAPTER WOOOO

(im actually very sorry for the late and slow updates, writers block + school is not adding up rn but as soon as testing over this book should be flying through with!!)