The festival

Us Against the World - Kanaya

"I'll be back soon. Don't do anything stupid." Dream points to me and walks backwards. I nod to him and wait for him to leave to get supplies. Once I no longer see him, I run to my room and throw on a cropped red shirt and black shorts with a belt. I put my hair in a high ponytail, pulling pieces out to frame my face. Once I'm satisfied with my look, I pull on ankle-high boots and my crown.

"Yo! You coming?" Ranboo knocks on my window. I open it and let him in.

"You could have come through the front door." I say as I grab an apple from the kitchen. He follows me as I walk.

"The window is closer. You ready?" I nod and follow him back out of my window. Still don't know exactly why but whatever.

"Why didn't you just wait for me? I was about to leave." I ask him as we walk down the path.

"Wanted to walk with someone." he shrugs.

—————————————————————

"Oh, hi guys!" Niki waves to us. I smile and wave back as Ranboo and I walk to the heads of L'manberg.

"Lia. Hey." Big Q greets surprised.

I smile, "Hey."

"What are you doing here?" Tubbo asks confused.

I shrug, "It's a festival, is it not?" He nods slowly.

"Where's Dream?" Fundy asks.

"Oh. Uh, I think he went somewhere first." I chuckle awkwardly.

Everyone stays quiet for a couple seconds, "Are you supposed to be here?"

"Nope." I answer Ranboo.

"Oh my lord." Tubbo mumbles. I shrug.

"I can leave. I just thought it would be fun."

"Yeah, you should leave." Big Q says. My eyes widen slightly.

"No, no. It's fine. We'll just let you know when to hide." Tubbo tells me. I nod slowly, my eyes still on Quackity who's now staring at Ranboo.

"Anyways, shall we start the games?" Fundy asks, breaking the silence.

"Sure." Tubbo answers. Fundy leads us to a game on ice where he explains we have to throw dye and the closest to the button wins. A line forms and I walk to the side to watch by Ranboo.

"Is it just me or is Quackity staring at me?" Ranboo asks nervously. I look around and my eyes rest on Big Q sneaking glances at Ranboo.

"No, he definitely is. Did you do anything?" I whisper.

"No. No I don't think so." He starts to mumble things under his breath after saying that.

"Hey, it's ok, it's ok. He's probably just tired. He does that sometimes." I try to calm him down. He nods and we look back to the game.

"Ok but-"

"Ranboo! Shut up." I whisper-yell. He nods quickly and I open my mouth to say something else when I feel a drop on my arm. I look up as it starts to rain, droplets running down my face. Ranboo looks around quickly before snatching a helmet and putting it on. I look up again and sigh, hoping the rain goes away.

"Why do you have a helmet on? There's a no armor policy." Quackity's voice draws my attention down again.

"I-I, it's raining." Ranboo says.

"So?" Does he really not know Ranboo is half enderman? Isn't it obvious?

"So he has to wear a helmet." I defend.