goodbye

it's been a long, long time- harry james

As if in slow motion, screams and yells emit around the blown up country but the only one that I hear is Dream's.

"LIA! NOOO!"

I smile and close my eyes as my outstretched arms land into the cold, dirty water. I open my eyes and blink harshly, trying to see thru the dark ashy waters. TNT plummets into the water by me, each time, my body curls into a ball naturally. I swim to the destroyed caravan that the water has barely reached and collapse on the ground, not caring for the explosions burning my body. My muscles are so sore that breathing hurts. I hear moving around me and open my eyes to see Tubbo and Tommy staring at me with worried expressions.

"My eyes hurt." I mumble to them. Tubbo hugs me, basically laying on top of me which makes me chuckle. Tommy grips his blond hair from stress.

"Ok, yeah. Congrats, you lived from being an idiot. Now can we please move from the center of explosives?" Tubbo nods quickly and pulls me up before attaching his hand to mine and pulling me away from the water.

"Where's Ranboo guys?" I ask. They look to each other and back to me.

"He was here, but then we lost him and basically everyone else." My eyes widen at Tommy's words.

"He's not..." I let them complete my sentence and Tubbo nods softly.

"We don't think so. He and Sapnap ran behind the caravan to prepare to fight the dogs but then once the stuff started to blow up, we couldn't make out anyone." I nod slowly. He's not dead. He's not.

"Well..." I turn to look at the country me and the boys next to me made getting blown up by my own family. I sigh sadly and wrap my arms around their shoulders as tears brim my eyes.

"Fuck." Tommy mumbles.

"It's all gone." Tubbo whispers.

I don't say anything. Instead my eyes wander to Niki holding flint and steal. She's staring at it. My eyebrows furrow and I'm about to call out to her but she lights the L'mantree on fire. I gasp but Tommy pulls Tubbo and I to Quackity. He hugs me tightly.

"Your a fucking idiot, Lia. A fucking idiot." He mumbles as he squeezes my waist. I hug him back, trying to ignore the cuts and burns that are screaming for air. He lets go of me and cups my cheeks, taking a look around my face. "A fucking idiot." He mumbles again before letting go and turning to our friends.

"Look, we should probab-" a loud boom cuts Tommy off, making us hide behind a hill. I peak above the grass and see the caravan destroyed, gone. Fire is burning around it. My jaw drops and I feel tears pour from my eyes, beginning to fall. Tommy let's out an airy noise of shock, between a sigh and a scoff. I close my eyes tightly, just trying to block out everything that's going on around me.

Flashback:

"There was no traitor. Just said that so you guys would panic and be less prepared." Dream shrugs. I tear my eyes from the spot that Schlatt was seconds ago before being dragged outside by Punz. Cheers echo throughout the small caravan and Wilbur leads us to the very place where the dead man was elected. Not focusing on the speech Wilbur was giving, I look to my right to see Techno, holding his sword. He looks up to me and nods a small acknowledgment of me before standing up and walking away. I'm about to stand up as well, before a shocked Tommy walks by me.

"Come on up here Tommy." Wilbur smiles to him. I clap, not understanding what's happening, but not wanting to be stuck out. Tommy walks up to the platform and looks to the crowd in confusion.