history repeating

Did You Ever Hurt for Me? - Jess Benko

"Bye Lia." I give him a small smile in return and Dream leaves my house for the day. To do what? No idea. Once I know he's left, I open my closet door and quickly change into a black and grey plaid skirt with a white tee shirt. After looking in the mirror, I pull on a black long sleeve underneath my tee shirt. I nod in approval and slip a chain belt around my waist before pulling on my old converse. You may be wondering why I waited for Dream to leave to change. Yeah, well too bad. I don't know. I suppose it could be because I didn't want to be asked questions. It's not like I'm planning to go anywhere, but I don't want him to think I'm lying and-. I'm rambling, aren't I? I run a hand through my hair and begin my walk, automatically starting towards L'Manberg.

"Where, where, where..." The familiar voice mumbles over and over. I look to the sound of Ranboo's voice and see him rummaging through chests scattered around the land. He seems to feel eyes on him because he looks around frantically until...

"Lia." He breathes out. Jesus, I've missed him. We were kind of always attached at the hip. Well, until I ended up in the SMP for some reason and he wasn't with me, and three years later, he comes.

"I'm sorry." I get out quietly. The wrinkles by his eyes tell me he's smiling from under his mask. He tackles me into a hug just as Fundy calls out his name.

"O-oh, Fundy?" Ranboo asks as he rests his chin on my head. God, he's so clingy. Why do I have so many guy best friends?

"Hi." He nods to me and I slightly smile in response. "I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out, but it's ok if you're busy." Ranboo lets go of me and jumps back to the chests. After sighing sadly, he nods.

"You ok?" Fundy asks him.

"Yeah, yeah. I-I'm good."

I'm about to question him further when Fundy turns to me, "Wanna hang with us then?".

I'm taken aback at first, I didn't think he liked me. "O-oh, yeah. That would be nice." He nods and pulls out a speaker from his backpack. He digs in it for something else, I presume something to connect it to, so I take out my own MP3 player. Wilbur got it for me before the L'Manberg War.

"A gift, because I have a feeling this will be my last one to be given." I mumble, quoting Wilbur.

I hand it to him to which he smiles and connects it.

--------------------————————————-

"Tommy?" I mutter, confused. Ranboo and Fundy are laughing at themselves while they jump in circles, something I just sat down from. I watch as two sets of armor with no bodies make their way to us. Fundy seems to notice because he turns the music off and tosses the music player to me. I watch the glowing armor near us as I shove it in my pocket (YES MY SKIRT HAS POCKETS AND YES I KNOW YOUR JEALOUS). Tommy's body flicker's a few times before it appears fully. I jump up from the ground and grin at him. Something he returns before Techno appears beside him.

I glance to Fundy before running to Tommy and Techno. I hug them tightly which they return with a few chuckles from my pink-haired brother and floppy, curly hair tickling my head. I pull back and turn to my friends with a smile held back, best as possible. Yeah, Tommy definitely told Techno because I would have a sword through my gut if I went running to Techno with him hating me.

"Aren't you-"

"Give me back my weapons or I will pack this place with withers." Straight-forward Techno? That's a thing?

-----------------———————————————

"Tell us Fundy! Where are my disks?!" Tommy shouts at a crying Fundy.

"Tom-" He steps closer to our crying friend, cutting me off.

"You have to know! Where are they?!" I step back and watch as Tommy yells at Fundy. I wince slightly at the volume and push my thumbs back with my fingers from anxiety. I begin to rub my fingers along my rings, something I started doing a while ago to calm my nerves.

"Tommy maybe-"

"He is apart of the "Butcher Army"!" Tommy shouts at Techno using air quotes. "He is the closest to Tubbo, he might know!"

"Tommy!" I gain attention in the room. "You got your nether star, you got Techno's sword and axe!Stop yelling at him, he obviously doesn't know! You already spawned two withers. Just leave." I say. He stares at me for a moment before turning back to Fundy. With a long, exaggerated sigh, he breaks the cobblestone and lets Fundy go.

----------------------————————————

"Is there a time where everyone will be here? Soon?" Tommy almost pleads.

After whispering to Ranboo, Fundy turns back to Tommy with a sigh, "There's a festival tomorrow."

"Huh? Festival?" I speak up. Everyone looks to me.

"Yeah, Dream's coming. Did you not get an invite?" Ranboo shifts uncomfortable but I ignore it.

"No, but that might be what he wanted to talk about later." I lie, "Why did he get invited?" Fundy and Ranboo glance to each other.

"We just uh," Fundy avoids my eyes, "wanted to include you guys.".

————————————————————————

"Yeah I'm not including you tomorrow." Dream shakes his head as he hands me bread. I groan and lay back down on the floor.

"Whyyy? It's just a festival." I complain.

"Yeah but I have to build the walls back up. And get off the floor." I glare at him as I stand up.

"Why do you have to build the walls?" I ask.

"Because Tommy's supposed to be exiled. He was here and they didn't do anything about it." I roll my eyes.

"So why does the whole country have to be punished for Tommy's actions. If anything, talk to Tubbo or something. Not punishing them." I play with the bread in my hands as I talk.

"Listen, I'm not gonna ask for your opinions. The point is, your not going tomorrow. It's basically just business." He shrugs.

"Dream, it sounds fun."

"Lia, it's not fun."

"But there are games!"

"There are also weapons."

"What does-"

"Lia!" He shouts, "Your not going. End of story." I wince at the volume change from him.

"Fine." I mumble as I walk to my room. I hear him sigh as I walk away and quietly think over Quackity's words.

Don't leave his grasp