Foolish

Remember When - Wallows

I blink rapidly as the clouds shift from above me. I look around and sigh at the brighter sky. After yesterday I was speechless. Left Ranboo, and came straight to my house. That, however, probably wasn't the brightest idea seeing as I gave my keys to Purpled to hold since he had pockets. I was too lazy anyways, so I lay down on the grass in front of my house and tried to sleep. Key word: tried. I was wide awake the whole night, trying to process everything that's been happening over the past few weeks, something I never got to do. I sit up from the dewy grass and frown at the lack in sleep I've gotten recently. Slowly, I stand up and stretch, yawning in the process.

"Fucking sleep. Who needs it anyways." I mumble to myself as I begin to walk down the dirt path to the prime path. I brush my hands through my hair and pull down my dark red sweater. As I walk, my head gets pulled downwards and I watch as my feet carry themselves down the path. Im wearing the plaid pants and belt I picked out along with my other clothes yesterday, not having a choice to change. Looking up and rubbing my eyes, I notice I'm near Captain Puffy's house. I stare at it for a second.

Do I want to bother her so early? That would be mean. She's always helped me when I've been feeling sad or needed something though. She said she'd always be here. But I've been bothering her a lot this week. I shouldn't bother her more than I should. Am I getting creepy by staring at her house? Is anyone in a five mile radius awake? Am I awake? Am I sleeping? What if-

"Lia?" A drowsy voice snaps me from my thoughts. I look to the door of the house and see Captain Puffy. I feel my cheeks redden as I wave. She furrows her eyebrows in a confused manner so I take a couple steps towards her.

"Sorry if I was a bother, I uh got locked out of my um my house last night and I was wondering if I could just get a couple hours of sleep here? I'll leave after that. It's just that I couldn't sleep last night and-" she waves her hands tiredly.

"No, no. Come in. You weren't a bother." I smile sleepily to her and walk into her cozy home, making myself comfortable on her big sofa.

"Sorry Puffy." I say in a tired voice as I close my eyes.

"Your alright. I couldn't sleep well last night either. I woke up early and went out for a walk but I suppose I could sleep while you do. Then we can go out for food." I smile at the plan and nod even though my eyes are closed. Puffy has always been like a big sister to me, well since she moved here. After Niki sort of fell out of line, we've been helping each other in different ways. One of the most common would be helping others sleep.

"Thank you. Why couldn't you sleep?" My voice gets quieter the longer I talk which makes Puffy chuckle. I imagine her white curls bouncing slightly as they always do.

After a moment of silence, she answers, "The kids in this land have always been treated the worse. I suppose I just couldn't get the unfair normality out of my head."

"Hm? What do you mean?" I ask, confused. She sighs.

"Tommy got exiled for just stealing some things from George, accidentally burning it. He got exiled from that. Tubbo and him got manipulated for a long time by Dream, Ranboo has memory problems and is constantly being bullied for it or is getting yelled at for things he can't control. Poor Purpled, he fought in one of the most dangerous wars ever at such a young age and immediately got thrown into the dangerous land here. You..." I open my eyes and look at Puffy waiting for her to continue. She bites her lip and looks down at the pillow in her lap. "Lia, your family has always overlooked you no matter what. You constantly get disappointed or put down no matter what you do. People you love disappear, leaving barely anyone left. The person who you thought was your savior, the best person in the world, your big brother, turned out to be a manipulative piece of shit who only cares for power." I close my eyes again and turn Puffy's words around in my head. "It's whatever. That's just why I couldn't sleep."