the egg

A/n:
I'm emotional. Let's write.

Song:
Lanterns
Birds of Tokyo

Waking up in my bed is a rare experience these days, but somehow I did. Groaning at the light seeping through my windows, I stumbled out of bed and made my way through my messy room to my closet. After staring at the clothes hung from hangers for a couple minutes, I sighed, grabbing mom jeans and a white crop top before taking a shower. I genuinely have no clue how I got up in the morning and got ready for the day, I mean, usually I'll wake up and go to someone's house, taking my clothes, or their clothes I left there, and leaving. Felt nice, though.

Lazily, I heat up water for tea before going back to my room to do my makeup and grab my shoes.

——————————————————————-

Juggling my sword, bow, backpack and banana all at once, I make my way down the Prime Path to Tommy's house. I hear that stupid laugh I've had nightmares about and looked up to see my twin, hands on knees wheezing at me.

"Shut up and come help." I order. After settling himself down, he jogs to my side with a smirk placed on his ugly lips.

"Wanna help me with SamNook's orders today?" Tommy asks me as I pull my bow over my body, next to the arrows.

"Yeah, sure." I shrug, pulling my hair up from under my bow. He starts to walk towards the hotel site which seems to have improved nicely.

"Wait, what about my banana?"

————————————————————

I look up at my brother tying his bandana around his neck and roll my eyes.

"Can we just hurry up?" I ask, leaning against the door to his dirt home.

"Shut up woman. I'm trying to get ready to-"

"Destroy the egg with my massive muscles." I mimic, cutting him off. He glares at me and walks out of his house, me jogging behind.

"All we need to do is look at it and see what the big deal with it is. Won't take that long." He shrugs. I sigh, looking back at SamNook who's typing on his pad by the construction site.

"Haven't people gone insane? I mean, maybe this isn't a good idea. What if Sam is just trying to like, kill us? Or you? Or me. What if he's trying to kill me?" I ask nervously, picking up my pace to walk side-by-side with Tommy.

He glanced at me with concern written on his face. "Lia, we both know he wouldn't do that. We don't need to touch it or anything, you don't need to come anyway." I ignore him and look at the red vines covering the shops in town.

"Ok Tommy." I whisper, playing with my rings.

Flashback:

"What's that ring?" Ranboo asks me, pointing to a simple red-jeweled ring wrapped around my pinkie. Small red rubies cover the front of it, forming small roses.

"Phil gave it to me." I shrug. "Maybe it was his wife-mom's." I correct myself. He hums and looks between our hands, holding his out.