🖤~PART-6~🖤

I saw the sun rays disturbing his sleep and following my instincts, I quickly held a hand out, just over his face preventing the dazzling sparkle out of his reach. A small smile crept on his handsome face, unknown to him and at the moment I felt a sudden urgency to comfort him. Don't know from where these feelings evoked in me but I just couldn't help it.
I turned towards him so that he could hold me properly and more firmly, and it exactly happened as I had predicted, cause it was meant for it. He held me, a real tight and pushed his head inside my belly. It was not wrong, he was mine.....husband but......I should feel wrong, instead I found it.......not wrong, surprisingly. I mean not right, no, not that exactly, but....... Leave it. Shaking of the unexplainable thoughts off my mind I continued staring at him.

He was close, so very close, I could feel his hot breathe over my belly but I didn't flinched. I let him be in that position.
This man has suffered a lot because of me, for me and these trivial uncomfortable encounters was nothing in front of his selflessness. I know all these time I was behaving like a cliche but I somehow couldn't help it also. I was being selfish but, but again he is not wrong in his place. He is absolutely right. It's high time I should start behaving like a wife to him, if not for my own self. And at this moment, that seems the only right thing.

My other hand was softly caressing his head, ruffling his dense hair and I was so much focussed in doing my job that I failed to notice a nurse entering the room! She came and did her work, without disturbing US but then a pair of scissors fell off her hands and the clanking noise of the steel touching the marble floor got our attention. I was so dumb that instead of removing my hands off him and adjusting myself properly, I simply did nothing and allowed myself to get embarrassed in front of the both.

Aditya's sleep was broken and he was wide awake now. After a few seconds, which he took to adjust his vision, he realised our position. He stared at me in disbelief though he was not good at hiding his satiated grin but still chose to pretend shocked. Taking on my cue I withdrew my hands due to the nurse's constant stare and Aditya did the same. Both of us looked flushed to be caught in that embarrassing state and on top of that she was passing us a teasing look followed by a "sorry to disturb you" and immediately dashed out of the room, leaving the both of us in a complete state of awkwardness. Oh my unlucky stars!! I whined mentally.
Both of us looked everywhere around as if admiring the hospital's room but didn't dared to pass a simple glance at each other. The wind started blowing a bit faster than it's usual speed, making my tresses fall over my eyes and cheeks. That's the most irritating thing for females. I felt uneasy and that caught his attention. He continued staring at me but didn't made any move to tug my hair behind my ears. And that somehow, a bit actually, pricked my heart. Well, I'm capable of doing that by my own, why to bother him. I myself made a remark and securely tugged my fallen tresses behind my ear without looking at him.

I waited for him to start a conversation, at least to utter a single syllable but he chosed to stay numb. My ego was hurt, I admit but keeping that bloody ego aside I decided to break the stubborn ice. Well, you see, I'm not like those girls who waits for the man to start a conversation. I'm a good girl.

'Aditya', I began.
'Hmm', came his obvious reply.
Okay, so he is still mad at me. Fine.
'Can you please help me to get up? ', I made a request. A real one.
Enraged, 'Why? Want to bang your already damaged brain again? Were all these not enough? Or planning to bleed more through that head of yours? ', he snapped at me in a rather taunting way.
'I just need.....need to u...use the washroom', I stuterred due to his wrath, 'It's ok, if....if you don't wanna he...help. I will manage', I said politely, giving him a weak smile. He was really angry and I was really afraid.

I tried getting up and slowly carefully placed my feet on the floor so that I won't fall again. But seemed like luck was not in my favour. As soon as I stood up without any support, I slipped and prepared myself to be kissed by the floor but nothing sort of that happened, cause the very next moment I was between two muscular arms which held me firmly by my waist. Aditya helped me to stand straight and walked me towards the washroom door.
After I was done, I came out only to find him leaning against the adjacent wall. He helped me back towards the bed and made me lie comfortably on it.