🖤~PART-11~🖤

Continuation from the previous part

Our moment of silence was interrupted by baby boy Nishan. He started getting cranky and soon began wailing loudly, making every head turn towards me. Sshh..... Husshh baby. I tried cooing him but all in vain. Yuvraj was also unsuccessful so finally Mahi came to our rescue. She was almost getting successful in calming her baby but as soon as Zoya emerged from his back side, Nishan lifted both his arms towards her, to make her hold him.
She reached out her hands to pick him up and his face just bloomed, with a smile adorning his super cute face. He made some sweet baby voice in excitement which made my Zoya to smile heartily. She grabbed him firmly in her arms and kissed him on his temple and in turn, Nishan straightened his hands and touched her cheeks and nose playfully in response.

The scene was simply epic and we all cherished that moment. Forgetting that awkward silence, Zoya got completely involved with Nishan and so were we.

Smiling at her friend and her baby, 'She looks good', remarked Mahi.
'Hmm', seconded mom, 'I'm gradually getting to see my old Zoya', she said dreamily, looking at her daughter.
'That indicates she is improving', my wife's friend said in excitement, happy for her bestie.
'Their bonding. Definitely all the kids love her, no doubt', commented Yuvraj.
'And why won't they? She is after all the great justice Harshvardhan Hooda's daughter-in-law', dad said proudly. He will never change.
Frowningly, 'Mr great justice, for your kind information, she is my daughter before being your daughter-in-law', mom retorted back, completely annoyed with her husband.
'Excuse me Mrs Anjana Hooda, if you are forgetting then let me remind you that Zoya is my daughter too, before she got the tag of being our daughter-in-law', dad snapped at mom, not agreeing with her remark.
'I never considered her that. She was always my good daughter, even now also'
And their quarrel went on and on.

Yuvraj, Mahi and I were chuckling at the older generation couple's playschool fighting, over being the rightful parents of their daughter-in-law......sorry, ONLY daughter, Yupp.
It really felt nice to see their shower of love for my Zoya and I felt proud of myself for getting a perfect woman like her as my beloved, as my everything.

When we all were busy, Zoya came towards us, carrying Nishan in her arms, and stood next to Mahi.

'Well I was thinking something.....umm....actually', and she stammered, finding the correct words to frame her sentence.
'What is it dear? ', mom asked affectionately.
'Mom actually........how it feels to......to be pregnant? ', she finally asked, looking down towards her feet, biting her lower lip in nervousness.
I then saw mom and Mahi exchanging some soft looks before turning towards their still-a-kid-at-heart woman, to answer her innocent question.

Gently caressing her head, 'Dear its a heavenly feeling. It's something like butterflies fluttering inside your stomach. You feel complete, at peace. You feel great and take a silent pledge by yourself to always protect your baby from every evil eye, even before it's born', mom went on explaining in her loving motherly tone, completely aware of her daughter's untold thoughts.
'You know sweetheart', began Mahi, 'When I got the news that I was expecting with Nishan inside my womb I simply freaked out and got fainted', she added to the conversation, trying to reduce her friend's hesitation and nervousness.
'Really!!!?? ', exclaimed a shocked Zoya, 'Then what happened? ', she asked innocently, like a five year old.
Understanding her bestie's curiosity, 'Nothing', came her one word reply, before she continued to speak further, 'Yuvraj had taken me to the hospital and he was so terrified that he literally dialed everyone's number and asked them to reach ASAP, to the hospital. No one knew what had happened but they simply rushed to the hospital cause they thought it was something very serious', she narrated while laughing at the end.
'I really didn't knew what to do', said an embarrassed Yuvraj, 'I was simply trembling with fear and later got scolded by each one of you', he told with a grimace on his face, remembering that unforgettable day.