🖤~PART-10~🖤

I wasn't sure how to react to that.
People knew about my Zoya for two reasons. First, cause she is the owner of one of the leading fashion boutique in India and second, cause she is the famous business tycoon's wife, which is me. People admire our companionship a lot. They have tagged us as a power couple and it's true also. We are simply nothing without each other. So it definitely makes sense that this ill-mannered fellow, sitting comfortably over here, might be knowing about my love, my wife.

'Hello, Mr Hooda', he waved his hand in front of me after getting up, 'Am I wearing an invisible cloak that you are looking past me, towards that wall? ', he asked sarcastically. And I didn't found it amusing. Instead it boiled my blood.
'Just shut up and say who you are, cause I don't like talking with strangers', I said rudely.
'Cool down Mr Hooda. So much of rage isn't good for your health', he feigned concerned and forwarded a glass filled with water to me, 'Here, have some water'
I just kept that glass back on the table with a loud thud which made some of the water to flinch over my table top, 'Straightly come to the point', I growled at him, losing my cool, 'Who are you and why you are even here? ', I asked with the same grumpiness.
'Okay, enough of suspense. Time to reveal my identity', he said and then held out his card in front of me after digging into his pocket, 'Officer Rajveer Khanna, from CBI, and I'm given this case of finding the culprit behind your wife's attempt to murder', he said in a simple but authorative voice.

For a few seconds I thought that I heard something wrong. "attempt to murder"..... Really!!? Was it really a failed murder or this officer is cooking up random stories, just to get paid more, as he is handling the case of one of the most successful working woman, Mrs Zoya Hooda!!??

'Mr Hooda, this is not a cooked up story, as we have got evidences, which means I'm reliable and one more thing, I'm not doing this to get under the limelight or for any promotion. This is completely my job', he straightly said with a smile on his face.
I was both shocked and embarrassed. Oh my. What I was even thinking. Shit man.
'Yah, I got you. Sorry for the previous...... ', I was going to say further but he interrupted me.
'Don't be. I highly appreciate your composed attitude', he started, 'I had actually thought that you were some arrogant business man, when you first entered inside your cabin, but I'm glad to be proven wrong', he said with a genuine smile.
In a calm tone, 'Now that we are fine, let's talk professional', I suggested.
'Yah sure', he started in his usual self, 'So Mr Hooda, first of all I would like to apologise you for barging into your cabin even after the repeated warnings from your wise secretary, and second, I would wish to meet your lady for some interrogations', he proposed.
Hesitantly, 'Sorry officer......but my wife has lost her memory, of 7 years due to that accident. So...... I don't think she would be able to provide you with any information regarding the case', came my truthful reply.
'I know your wife is having a memory loss but I'm sure she could be helpful', he tried to convince me, 'We can try, after all someone is after her life, and I'm pretty capable of catching an accused with the tiniest bits of details', and he sounded confident. Okay, I'm trusting him......but...... Zoya again. Honestly, I don't want to take any chance with her. But then again it's for her only, we need to find that bloody culprit, that rascal, who wanted to harm my queen.

'Okay fine, you can meet her', I said half heartedly, still worried regarding her health.
'Don't worry, the matter is in safe hands', he assured me, with a soothing smile.
Smiling back at him, 'I trust you officer. I just need that bloody criminal who tried harming MY WIFE', anger was rising inside me and that was clearly visible through my clenched jaw and fisted palms. I swear, the day he would be caught, would be his last day on this planet earth.
'That's going to happen soon', he said with oozing determination.
'Thanks, by the way........ ', I began saying, only to be interrupted by a knock at the door. I quickly apologised Mr Khanna and went to open the door, to see who the hell interrupted our important discussion.