🖤~PART-19~🖤

Zoya's POV

After we exited Hooda Mansion's gates, Sid guided me towards his car. He pulled open the back door, for me, and he himself slid inside the car from the other side, taking a seat beside me.
All the while I was adamant not to look into his eyes, cause those gorgeous eyes reminded me of a certain someone, whom I love dearly.

'Zoya', he called out softly, after the drive began.
He gently placed his hand over mine while calling for me which made me visibly flinch, I don't know why, maybe because of his sudden approach, but then I immediately regretted for my startled reaction.

Remorsefully, 'Sorry, I haven't noticed it was you. I mean, I mean sorry for my reaction. I didn't wish to upset you. I..... ', I apologised bashfully, fumbling with my choice of words after I saw his face falling due to me.
Interrupting me, 'There's nothing to feel sorry about. I understand, you're still not comfortable with me around you. Sorry for scaring you of', he too apologised me politely.
'No, you haven't scared me. It's fine, I'm fine..... umm..... Let's talk something else', I murmured feebly, not knowing what else to say.
Smilingly, 'Sure', he agreed.

I took a sigh of relief and made up my mind that I'll not think about Yash anymore. The person sitting beside me is Sidharth Singhania, not my Santa, I mean not Yash Arora.

'Well, why you decided to leave for Sehgal Palace when all your loved ones were there in Hooda Mansion? ', he asked to initiate the conversation, 'Any particular reason? ', he further questioned, courteously.
'Actually my kids wished to meet their best friends so I had to oblige to their demands', I replied truthfully, ok partial truthfully. Now don't judge me.
'Oh, nice, by the way are you aware that Adi and I, we're soon going to be business partners? ', he asked casually.
What!!???
Scowled, 'No, he hasn't said anything like that', I responded, completely ignorant about the new piece of information.
'Oh, he might have forgotten to apprise you or maybe he would have planned to tell you later..... uhh..... like surprise', he tried to explain.
Contemplating, 'Probably, it's possible... Sid', I called in order to get his attention, 'Why don't you tell me something about yourself', I asked purposefully.
'I thought you already knew me, sweety', he replied, a small smile adorning his face. Don't get mesmerized, Zoi. Chided my inner self.
'Yeah, I mean something about your family', I muttered, specifying my point.
In a sober voice, 'I just have a baby sister to call my own..... I don't possess any family', he disclosed, seeming aloof.
Grievously, 'Sorry, I didn't know', came my bashful response, feeling pity and guilty at the same time.
'No, no, it's fine' he assured me, 'By the way, you know my Skinny', he spoke joyously.
Flabbergasted, 'Your Skinny!! ', I gasped inaudibly.
'Yah, my baby sister, Naira, who's happily wedded to your friend, Shawn Ahuja. I call her Skinny', he notified me.
Sighing, 'Oh, Naira. Hmm, I know her and that bird's eye too', I replied.
Chuckled, 'Bird's eye! Who? Jiju?? ', he asked amusedly.
Cheekily, 'Yah, him only', I clarified, giggling at the end.
'You know, your smile and your laughter, both are really very beautiful', he complimented, dreamily staring at me.
Blushingly, 'You know, gawking at someone else's wife is called shamelessness', I said friskily.
Chuckled, 'I actually don't mind gaining that tag if that wife is you', he replied with a playful wink.
'Gosh, I thought you were descent', I gasped dramatically, feigning shocked.
Smirked, 'Well, every coin has dual sides', came his clever response. Impressive.
'Yah, I got it', I said dryly, rolling my eyes over him.

He's a nice gentleman. Both good and witty, with a perfect sense of humour. I shouldn't have doubted upon him. He's like family and moreover Aditya's to be business partner. I believed.