🖤~PART-14~🖤

Continuing from the previous part.

Pieces of a flower vase were scattered over the floor which I guess made that loud noise.
Victor, our servant, was sitting there on the floor, holding his left leg which was bleeding profusely because the broken pieces got pierced in his foot, while Zoya was sitting next to him and pulling out the broken pieces out of his bleeding foot.

'I'm sorry you got hurt because of me. I'm really sorry', she apologised panicking, looking extremely guilty.
With much difficulty, 'It's ok ma'am, don't worry. It's just a small cut', he tried to convince her.
Losing her calm, 'It's not just a small cut. Are you blind? ', she started lashing upon him, 'See, you are bleeding heavily. If we don't apply something over there then it will catch infection', she almost screamed.
'Relax ma'am. I will apply medicine then...... Ahhh...... ', he shrieked at the end when Zoya pulled out another broken piece.
Concerned, 'Sorry, sorry, I pulled it out without warning you', she apologised again.
In a convincing tone, 'Ma'am, I'm fine. You don't have to do all these, I will ask someone for help. You don't worry', he said.
'Why? If I'm responsible for your condition then I will only heal you', she said with a frown, 'You know Yash used to say this', she paused for a brief moment, 'Lemme bring the first aid kit', she said and stood up, 'And don't you dare move from your place otherwise you will face the worst consequences of disobeying me. Did you get that? ', she spoke strictly.
'But ma'am...... ', and he was interrupted.
'Shut up and stay still, till I return', she ordered.

That made Victor flinch from under his skin, in fear, so decided to obey his stubborn ma'am. Meanwhile Zoya went upstairs to bring the first aid box. Mom and I went towards him. As soon as he spotted us, he tried to get up to show us respect so we had to remind him about Zoya's wrath.

'Sir I'm really fine, Zo ma'am is making this a big issue', he tried convincing me.
'Don't try to coax me, you are really injured', I said, 'By the way how it happened? ', I finally asked while looking at his terribly bleeding foot. That was literally deep.
'Sir actually I was going towards the store room to do some cleaning work but by mistake Zo ma'am's hand hitted the flower vase, breaking it into numerous pieces, and I stepped over it', he explained.
I stared at the flower vase pieces for a while before asking him, 'Where was she standing? ', I asked casually.
'She was......... ', just as he was going to say, he was interrupted by Zoya.
'I brought the kit', she announced, 'Aditya would you please help me to make him sit on the couch? ', she asked.
'Sure', I replied.
'I'm fine here', Victor started again.
'Shut up', this time it was mom who snapped at him.
It was enough for him to keep his mouth shut.

We took him to the couch and Zoya did the dressing part. Victor thanked us, mostly to Zoya, and left.
I then turned around to face Zoya who didn't look good.

'Are you okay? ', I asked her, concerned.
'Yah', she said with a nervous smile.
'But you don't seem good', I tried to reason with her.
'No, I'm fine and sorry for the flower vase', she apologised calmly.
'It's totally fine. Come to the dining, breakfast is ready', I simply said, not dragging the matter any further.
'Hmm', she hummed before following us.

Mom and I joined her and soon the breakfast was served. I noticed she was lost somewhere and haven't yet touched her plate. We then passed a knowing look between each other before trying to gain her attention.

'The food is delicious. What do you say Cheeku? ', mom tried to distract her.
'Mom, how many times I have to say not to call me by that name in front of her', I frowned, feigning angry.
Taking on my cue, 'She doesn't mind, right Zoya? ', she asked intentionally.
Hurriedly, 'Yah, yeah, of course', she blurted out, and I knew she was absent minded.
'Why you are not eating anything? ', I asked her knowingly.
'Oh sorry', she said before taking in a morsel of biryani into her mouth, 'Aditya you have put less spices but still it's good', she remarked, now by focussing on her plate.