🖤~PART-16~🖤

Continuation from previous part.

Aditya's POV

It was the day of my award show and right now I was getting ready for the same. I was wearing a black tuxedo, chosen by Zoya, and I was in my room, all alone.

Ammi, abbu and Arshad went to Mussorie to visit Zoya's khala, after yesterday's dinner. Arjun and Noor were unable to come as I came to know that Rehan was having high fever. Poor boy. That was the reason he was not able to join his parents, yesterday.

Talking about yesterday, after Zoya's sudden staggering outburst, each and every pair of eyes turned towards me, demanding for an explanation, to what they witnessed.
They weren't interested to know about that crazy-ass club night. They just wanted to know about Zoya's sudden blowup which seemed like she remembers everything.

After taking a deep sigh I explained them all about my encounter with her doctor, subtracting the CBI, sleeping pills and murder part. They were neither shocked nor delighted, they very well understood the critical circumstances and even assured me that no matter what they are always going to support me, in everything.
I was actually blessed to get those people in my life and Zoya was indeed highly lucky to have so many good souls, who love her so much and who are always willingly ready to be our support system. I genuinely felt guilty yesterday cause I wasn't allowed to inform them anything regarding Zoya's case, but it was also necessary, as I don't want to take any chance with my wife's life. She's my first priority and then comes the rest.

While I was engaged in my thoughts a soft knock at the door made me come out of my trance. I turned around just to be met with the beautiful owner of that knock. Clad in a gorgeous blue-green mermaid gown, there stood my sleep stealer. She was looking stunning in that dress, with her hair tied up into a high bun, diamond studs pinned to her ears and a statement bracelet to complete the look.
I was totally mesmerized by her beauty. Even in her thirties she managed to look like a young woman of twenty. She was surely going to be the cynosure tonight. I had made up my mind to keep her by my side, the entire evening, as I'm damn sure that many men are going to get carried away by my Wifi's beauty and her being the all-time attention seeker would never hesitate to show-off a little in front of those drooling mouths and I just can't let that happen. Never.

After clicking her fingers in front of my eyes, 'Mr. Hooda, don't you think you are taking too much time to get ready!? ', she asked with a raised brow.
Smitten by her charm, 'Beautiful', I uttered, mesmerized, looking at her pretty face.
Blushing visibly, 'I'm looking beautiful!? ', she exclaimed while looking back into my eyes.
Dreamily, 'Not just beautiful, you are looking', I paused, leaning closer to her ear, 'Hot', I breathed out huskily, deliberately brushing my lips with her earlobe.

After saying that I moved away a little and stared at her face. Her eyes were closed and she was breathing heavily, clutching her gown on either side. I smirked mischievously looking at her reaction and decided to continue this teasing game, for some more time.
I slowly wrapped one hand around her waist and pulled her close, keenly watching her every single move. She had a crash landing over my chest but still I pulled her more close, tightly holding her by her petite waist. Her eyes were yet closed but her hands were now resting on my chest. With my free hand, I softly caressed her face and then trailed two of my fingers from her forehead to her neck, and then placed a small peck at the junction of her neck and shoulder. I slightly lifted my face to found her breathing unevenly with a vaguely parted mouth, holding unto my shirt's collar tightly. God, I didn't knew I still affect her so much. I kinda love it but I really need to calm her down cause we can't be late for the event.