8

"Sykkuno, you're not gonna fit in there!" Corpse whisper shouts.

"Try me." Sykkuno giggles.

Maybe it was a bad idea that they had tried out free alcohol samples at the beginning of their shopping spree because apparently Sykkuno can't handle his drink and gets tipsy quite easily.

Right now he was trying to jump into the trolley and fit himself into the space where people usually sit their babies. He struggles quite a lot and finally decides that he's an adult sized human and pouts while sitting himself down in the trolley where all their groceries belong.

Corpse only shakes his head endearingly and pushes the trolley – not to his surprise, quite easily – and grabs whatever food he wants and throws it in Sykkuno's lap in the trolley.

"Why aren't they playing Christmas songs, Corpsey?"

"Cor– nevermind." He shakes his head. "I don't know. Maybe because there aren't any customers here."

"What about you and I?"

"Well, there's just the two of us."

"And?" Sykkuno raises his eyebrow. " I wanna talk to the manager. I have customer rights."

Corpse's eyes widen when he realises that Sykkuno is about to jump out of the trolley. He grabs him by his t-shirt and pulls him back into the trolley, unfortunately hearing a huge crunch sound which he definitely knows is the potato chips being crushed into fine pieces.

"No need for that. I'll sing you, okay?" Corpse sighs.

Sykkuno pouts but nods anyway.

"Deck the... halls with balls of holy, lalalalalalalalala–"

Sykkuno starts laughing, "Oh Jesus, you don't even know the lyrics."

Corpse's cheeks are pink when he looks at Sykkuno laughing. Instinctively he covers his mouth while laughing. Corpse reaches out and gently takes his wrist away.

"Don't hide your smile." He says and goes back to checking the expiration date of the fruit loops as if he said absolutely nothing, while Sykkuno looks away to hide his blush.

"You know what I bought for Toast?" Sykkuno says sudden.

"Don't tell me you got him a Toaster." Corpse squints.

Sykkuno laughs again and nods. Corpse can't help but laugh at that too.

"You're adorable, you know?" Corpse says. He's got some sort of surge of confidence at this hour of the night. And after Sykkuno came out to him on the hill as gay, he hoped that he had at least a small chance to be with him.

"I know." Sykkuno nods proudly. "You are too. When you blush, you look cute."

Corpse is caught off guard and his face flushes. Sykkuno smiles and points at his face and says, "like that!"

Corpse pushes the trolley past the food section and starts looking for gifts for his new friends. He takes Sykkuno's advice on most of them and chooses something generalised but something that he hopes they will like. Like, stockings for Lily, gift cards to Sephora for Poki, new headphones for Rae, a huge cosy blanket for Toast – since apparently the one he uses has two holes through which Sykkuno can see his butt – and more such easy basic gifts.

He doesn't know what he should get Sykkuno. And with him right there sitting in the trolley, he can't really buy anything without him knowing. But he still chooses something and keeps it in his mind to buy later by making up some reason to go back into the store.

"What is the worst gift you've ever given someone?" Sykkuno asks.

"Oh, I once gave mushrooms to my aunt and she was allergic to mushrooms."

Sykkuno cackles and then slaps his hand over his mouth after realising how loud he was in the dead silence of the store.

Corpse chuckles and asks back, "what about you?"

"Well, I've had my fair share of bad gifts. But the worst one was definitely when I gave my dad a screwdriver. What kind of gift is that?" He giggles.

Corpse was getting so amused by his constant blabbering as he chose gifts for everyone. It was so enticing watching him be free and talk his mind without a filter.

"Can we go over there?" Sykkuno suddenly says with hesitation in his voice.

"Sure." Corpse shrugs, he thinks nothing of it.

But when they reach the aisle that Sykkuno was pointing to, he turns around in his trolley and stands on his knees inside the small space. He looks at Corpse expectantly, as if he should know something. And Corpse looks totally confused.

Sykkuno starts getting nervous and second guessing his decision. He waves a hand over his head and the censor catches the movement and starts playing a Christmas song. Corpse looks more confused before he looks up to see where the song is playing from. And when he tips his head back, he sees a mistletoe. He gulps, oh shit.

When he looks back down at Sykkuno, his eyes are wide and expectant. His lips are full and red by biting and pouting all night. Corpse so wants to kiss him. So he surges forward and holds Sykkuno's jaw in one hand while his thumb sets out to stroke his cheekbone.

Fuck fuck fuck, I'm nervous. Is this happening. He thinks. He touches his forehead with Sykkuno's, and Sykkuno lets out a soft breath.

"Can I– can I kiss you?" It's stupid asking it since Sykkuno led him here, but he still does.

"Yes, please." Sykkuno breathes out, his eyes flickering between Corpse's eyes and lips.

So he leans down and places his lips against Sykkuno's and stays there with the Christmas song playing above them. He feels a tingling sensation all over his body. When he pulls away a few seconds later to catch his breath, Sykkuno is pulling him back by yanking his curly hair softly. The trolley is digging into both of their stomachs but neither of them care.

Both the boys are moving their lips softly under the mistletoe with their hearts warm with intense feelings towards each other and Christmas spirit in the air. Neither of them know where they go from here but in the moment they only care about the presence of each other as close to them as possible, they'll worry about everything else later.

~

Kissy kissy boo boo.

Hsjsbsjsbs, was that unexpected haha ^_^

I LOVED WRITING THIS ÄÄÄÄÄ.

hope you enjoyed :)

I may not be able to update each day cause my finals are coming up, but I'll defo try.

Comments and votes are really appreciated :)

whole lotta love xx r