10

It's new year's eve when the boys decide that it wouldn't be such a bad idea if their friends knew about them. They were both in Corpse's flat watching the movie Sykkuno gifted him in his bedroom, because they get more privacy there. Sykkuno goes for a kiss when the movie is at a particularly boring part, when Corpse raises the topic.

"I really wanna kiss you at midnight, save some kisses till then." He says and dives in still for another one.

But Sykkuno freezes, "you want to kiss me in front of everyone?"

"It's going to happen some day, isn't it?"

"I mean, yeah, um, but I just thought, like, we aren't even like together together and just–"

"Do you want to be?"

"I mean... yeah."

"Then we are, I suppose." Corpse smiles easily.

"So, you're– you're my boyfriend?"

"Manfriend. I'm a man."

Sykkuno giggles.

"I would've asked you to be my boyfriend after we had been at least on one date." Corpse adds. "But this is convenient too, I guess."

"That's fine, we can go on a date in the new year." Sykkuno smiles.

And so it was settled that they'd both make their relationship public.

Everyone usually has a lot of plans for new year's. Most like to go visit their parents in their hometown while those who don't, end up at Sykkuno's flat to enjoy themselves for the end of the year. The group who didn't go back home was usually Sykkuno, Rae and Toast, thus explaining their tight bond, plus they do share an apartment so that adds to it. This year there was an addition. And none of the friends had any problems with it.

On most of the new year's eve (all, if they're being honest) they ended up drinking, playing stupid games and barely making it to midnight while Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve is on the telly.

This year was the same.

"Who's got to vodka?" Rae demands.

"Me!" Toast yells, already a bit tipsy.

"Pour 'em!"

"Straight?"

"Yep!" Rae claps her hands.

"No, gay." Sykkuno whispers into Corpse's ears. He snickers.

"Bottom's up!"

"Do you bottom?" Corpse asks just as obnoxiously. Sykkuno chokes on his saliva and turns tomato red.

Everyone is in a circle around the short coffee table, sitting Indian style, while passing around the alcohol that they bought. They have beer, vodka, whiskey and some kind of wine that Corpse promised is delicious.

"We are NOT playing monopoly, Toast. You remember how that ended last time?" Rae shouts.

"That was because Lily was here too, and you guys kept stealing my money!" Toast yells back.

"We'll play truth or dare." Corpse voices.

"Classic college student, me likes." Rae says and grabs the empty bottle of beer.