Chapter 6

It was the day which I was released from the hospital . It's good to be out here .The clean air , the sun and the wind all tells a new story  .  Inside there ,  it suffocated with all the  medicine's smell .

I furrowed my eyebrow as I saw a familiar face of my brother .

I nearly pushed my mom  when I ran to him and hug him tight,

"Leo !"   I missed you ,

I miss you too my little rabit he replies me and caresses my hair lovingly .

How are you? He asks  , I have been good I replied with a shy smile pulling away from him .

I heard what happened with that creep of a husband of yours , he clenched his jaw as he thought about it .

It's  nothing Leo,  I am going to file for  a divorce not so long . 

He sighed and caressed my cheeks,Just remember if anything happens, Count on us  my little rabbit.  Your brother will always be here for you . He tells  me and engulfed me into a bear hug , I  sighed on his chest with relief.

It was the most painful yet hurtful five years of my life, I murmured on his chest . " Everything is going to be alright, he says patting my back "

"I doubt that ," my subconscious tells me . I pulled out from the hug and look at him up and down. Wow, you look so cool , wide biceps,  a buffer chest, and muscles. What have you been eating Leo!? ..I ask him with wide eyes .

He chuckled and take a look at my small frame. What have you been eating !! Were you even eating ? You look so skinny and  weigh like a feather,  he fired back .

" Leonardo," mom scolded him with a warning on her voice.

" I am sorry, "He responded with an embarrassing chuckle " it's okay let's get out of here before I have your ears . "

Mom can we please go out today like all of us !!? I chirped .

My dear ..you know that I have work, I am not sure but I  will notify you once I get into the office.  She tells me before her phone started ringing.

Yea , that's typical of her ,

Her works always comes first  but I don't  blame her more like  proud of her. She did all this alone so that we as her children we could have   a stable life ." I mean the woman owns  a law firm company " I chuckled as those thoughts played in my mind .

Care to share what  made you laugh !? I heard  Leo asking,  it's  nothing and you are going to take me to the ice cream parlour and oh, the park I tell him excitedly.

Oh my  , I think you chose the right place to change your childish ways , my mom bit out sarcastically, I rolled my eys and hold Leo's arm and walked to our parked car .

Mom  went to clear all the expenses and soon it was Leonardo and I making jokes .

I froze slightly when I saw a familiar figure, " Damon?" What the hell is he doing here !! My heart started beating as always .  I took in his appearance , I love this guy,  but I am going to give him a piece of mind .

"Katrina, " he exhaled my name as he came closer to our car  . I got down,   

What happened to you !? I came back home and I didn't  see you on the bed ...did something bad happen?? I slapped him on his face,

"Oh so now you care? " I ask him with pian filled in my voice.

I wanted to know if you are alright !!
Are you pregnant? He suddenly asked me with his hopes high touching his red  cheek  !!

I  have never met such  a disgusting selfish man like him . " Katrina let's  go ..my brother said to me with no patience.

I look at Damon woth tears in my eyes, you wanted me pregnant so that I could be your house wife again, the stupid wife who you could lock inside  and when you come back from the office you could call me brutual names and tirture me emotionally on my face !? 

" Aren't  you satisfied ? "

Aren't  you satisfied for once that I  moved out from the so called house and gave you space  , ?
Aren't  you satisfied when you have already broke my heart but like an idiot my heart keeps on beating for your ass !!

He didn't  look at my face at all , he look down as he played with the keys of his car .

I felt myself crying ,the most worst thing was that,  " I heard a familiar voice of  a man who made my heart ache with nothing but angst and pain .

I hate him with every fibre of my body . Mr lucas... Damon's father. He came from the hospital walking down to where his son is .

This son of a bitch,I  knew he was lying ! " Came to see me my ass  !  Ridiculous ?

He is here becuase his sick father was receiving treatment in the same hospital as me . Such a liar !

What is all this commotion here !! His father asked walking  towards him,

Dad, have you finished with the check up ?! Yes ,I did he murmured looking at me on my brother's  embrace .

Excuse us !! My brother mumbled but before we walked away we heard Mr Lucas's voice , " I am glad you have chosen to divorce that lose woman ,she couldn't even try bearing a child for you "

How disgusting ,

My tears kept on pouring down my eyes, " he was the same man who made my life  a living hell, he made me miscarry.  I wanted to yell at him but Leo held me tight and he whispered,

" The day that man is going to wake up and come into his senses  and find out that he has lost a treasure , then trust me he will come and crawl and lick your toes with his tongue. "

Stop crying for a coward ass, " and you have to be strong and stand your guard up and fight for this filthy nasty divorce and that excuse of a  husband "

Now ...
Who wants  an ice cream, I giggled and yelled with tears,  " me"

Let's  wait for mom,  he tells me as we entered the car " Soon mom came with two folders in her hands ,"

Don't  ask me  a thing my head's slow now , these were your results from the body check up which they requested for you to have after  you were admitted  , she tells me with a  shrug.

Thank you mom.

We first took mom in the company and soon we were off at the Park, What have you been doing leo? I ask him .

"Well  , I was out of the country . They requested for a layer in one of this  big companies , so I was there for a  year making some amendments,  and all ...I sighed because I didn't understand about law nor do I even want to know about it .

" ok, okay !! Can we talk about another thing ? Like ,? He asked as he furrowed his eyebrow, like where is Anna? I ask him "

He chuckled lightly and replied,  " she is  here , she is just so busy and you know her she as stubborn as you  and she is staying with her friend . "

I am such  jerk, I have stayed for about three years without talking to any of my family members, and I feel so embarrassed knowing that I lost most of my time to the people who did not deserve my time .

I chuckled lightly on my  ignorance ,
" maybe things will change from now !"