Chapter 11

Kat .. Stand up!! We have to go.  We are running  late . My so called sister tells me while I groan in my sleep . What!! I aks her ..

It's  the final day of the court hearing  , i abruptly wake up and look at hee face.  " you better take your ass in the bathroom befire mom dies it to you " she mumbled ansmd walked out .

Ohh, lord jesus, please help me this final time , I really need this piece ans I think I deserve it . After a little prayer , I walked inside the tha bathroom . My whole body was hurting  , " no one aksed you to sleep on the floor " my subconscious tells me .

I took my time in the bathroom,  I walked out and went in my wardrobe , I took a black pant , and with a t-shirt  and a coat around my shoulders.

I sighed and walked out.  Finally  !! I heard Leonardo's voice after he saw me . We were all waiting for you and here we thought you backed out .oh, no I can't back out , not now ! I tell them both with a  smile and walked out .

Where is mom? I sudenly ask them , " Here i am darling " we heard her loud piercing voice. Mom, it's too early to start screaming . Anna grunted with annoyance filled in hee phone.
Whatever,  this is my house ..she mumbled and soon we both entered in the car .

We reached at the court  really early, I engaged ina simple talk with my sister while mom discussed something which I couldn't  understand  with my brother.

" Are you okay!? Suddenly  Anna asks, I am good I murmured with a smile.  Soon my going to be ex husband entered in the court room with his family and a scornful face.  "

When his eyes met mine , he tried pleading with his eys but I looked at him emotionless, he didn't  sit down and his eyes neve electronic mine . '' Damon!!" His mom called and it was then when he was snapped out if his pleading thoughts .

" Great , my poor heart " Now it's  not the time Katrina, you need to stick in what you are planning  and what yiu wnat to do  . My subconscious tells me .

I suck it up and soon  and  we all stood up as the two judges entered again .

we are proceeding in hearing of the case of Mrs Mathew's vises Mr Mathew's on hearing of their divorce .

My name is judge Michael and mine's judge Michele , can the two couple step up please?

I sighed and walked to the front ." So Mrs Mathew's,  we are going to star with you today!! Do you have anything to say ! This is the last attempt of your divorce hearing . The judge's voice was heard .

I sighed ans look at my to be ex husband and  I felt really satisfied when I saw his face,  he went so pale . I just want to clarify something with him infront if this court today I finalky spoke.

" I took and accepted the title of Mrs Mathew's becaue I was truthful in my vows , I wanted our  love which we both shared for the past years to be endless and so that you could love me forever just the way I do ,but you standing up and testified of your lies infront  of this courtroom calling me a cheater, making up and fabre ageing documents and humiliating me didn't  go so well to me . I know you weren't  the same man who I grew to love , deep  in my heart, " I was hurting everyday and everytime which I had been with you but you never asked me why and what made our relationship to drift apart . "

" I was so afraid to tell you these words , but I hate you,  I hate you.."

Tears streamed down my eyes,  I promised my self not to cry again for you. Not anymore..for this bastard. These are my final tears .

Anything to say  Mr Mathew's? The judge Michele asked . " Silence emerge in the room ."

I ..I.. he stuttered trying to form suitable words . " I am .. " he didn't  finish the order and stayed silent .

I have nothing to say..he replied with defeat . The couple pleaas step aside and let your lawyers take your positions, the judges said .

I went back sitting not before my to  be ex mother in law  giving me  a glare and my ex father in law to look at me with disgusts.

" At this pint, I didn't care ..I just wanted my freedom,  my last name and to get far away from these people. "

Well do you have anything new Mrs Adele? The judge asked  .

I would like to represent to you the evidence that evidently  showing that my client Mrs Mathew's has not committed adultery and those pictures were photoshoped by her in laws to fabricate her marriage. 

She explained giving a document in her hands to the judge.  The judges looked at yhe document and discussed  something  . They wrote something on their paper  ans mom proceeded to talk and giving them other papers. " I didn't  want to listen anymore as I looked at everything which seem so very interesting  to me .

You may both sit, that's  what I heard after I snapped out of my thoughts. " The people strated to murmur inside the court .

After a good forty minutes  , we all both got the attention from the judges  .

Please Mr ans Mrs Mathew's  step forward , " my heart was beating erratically  as I step forward"

From the testimonies that  have been submitted in the court for both sides , I hereby announce...

Shs didn't  finish her words but looked at both of us , " Mrs Mathew's  , do yiu want to finalize your divorce, are you ready to divorce your husband ? With no hesitation i answered whole heartedly , yes, my lord "

What about you Mr Mathew's? Do you want to divorce your wife ? After a  minute of his silence in court, he looked at me in the eyes and said something  that  shook me in my core . " No, my lord "

I don't  want to divorce my wife, " Good boy!! I heard my in laws say proudly ans I fought the urge of rolling my yes but loooed at my so called husband with a disbelief. 

The whole court started murmuring . " Order!! Order in court  !! The judge announced making eveeyone  go silent.

Mr Mathew's, you and I and everyone in this courtroom knows of what you did to your wife,  what makes you think that you are not ready to divorce hee after everything she endured with you ? Judge Michele asked him sternly .

" I feel like we will work through out and sort our difference.." nonsense!! The judge  Michele's voice boomed again.  If you wanted that to happen at the first place then why didn't  you try harder? She aksed him sternly .

I want a divorce,  I declared sternly .
The judges looked at each other and discussed something,  Soon we heard again  " order in court "

From the testimonies we have recieved to the both sides , " we both think that the relationship between Mr and Mrs Mathew's is toxic and so we declare and  granting you the divorce. "

The court is adjourned ...