chapter 19

Katrina

And what the hell are you doing here , ? I snapped looking at my ex husband who is on his own standing before me .

Honey .. he started ,

I chuckled bitterly and looked at his handsome face , he still looked beautiful but not my taste anymore ,

Do not  honey me , I gritted out looking at his face .

I .. I am sorry , he mused .

If you are then please don't talk to me , I am not sure how you came in this party ... How you entered in this place but please do not talk to me !

Katrina ... he says my name but I refused to listen to what he wanted to tell me ,

Please ... I don't want to make any scene especially that we had our divorce a  few days ago ,

He stood silent , while I took my glass and walked a little far from where he is standing .

I felt bad , really bad .
But I wasn't risking it , I didn't want him to spoil my evening , I have been hurt by him ,

At the moment I wanted peace  , is that too hard to ask .

I met some of Leonardo's friends who I knew  and we engaged in some talk , now and then ...

Laughing and having a great time with them , it feels  a little good .

I am such a fool , and I really blame myself that I don't know how to make decisions nor not knowing how to be optimistic with everything and everyone around me .

Maybe that's why ..  Damon has been taking advantage of me. 

A couple dance started and Leonardo swept me off of my feet unknowingly ,

You scared the shit out of me .. I shrieked and bit him lightly on his chest .

It's okay .. he murmured but deep in thoughts .

What happened , ? I ask looking at his sour face .

Ah it's nothing .. let's not make our evening bitter even more . I didn't understand what he meant but I kept cool and danced with him .

You enjoying the evening, ? He asks making me nod , I am ..

I feel a little better , which was a bit of a  truth .

From a far , I saw Anne dancing with a man , he looked familiar yet I couldn't picture him ..

Who is that man , ? I ask Leonardo who snapped out of his trance looking at the direction of my finger where I pointed out .

I don't know .. he whispers looking at Anne and the man. 

Let's not make it a big deal and let her be ,

But they look a little intimate likethey  know each other ,They are even forgetting that they are in public ,Leonardo whispers making me chuckle and bit him playfully. 

That's none of your business leo , I whispered yell , I am that woman's brother . I have every right to know who she is going out with, becuase at the end of the day I am the one who is supposed to protect you all.

I love him , and his words are just .. just so loving and protective , and he is just too truthful .

Thank you I whispered.  He pecked my forehead and looked at me with adoration .

You and that brat will always be my favourites , ofcourse after
mother .

I gave him a  toothy grin which made him shake his head and chuckle ,

We exchanged partners and I got myself in the hands of a man. Smiling at him , he looked at me with amusement .

He is cute , how are you beautiful , ? He asks making me shy all over sudden .

I am okay Gentleman , it's been a long time since I saw you , I was taken back of what he said .

Umm .. I don't know you , though .

Oh that doesn't matter and my name's Peter,.
Nice to meet you . I tell him as we danced .

I am glad you are a free woman now , you are glowing and look as beautiful as ever . He praised making me blush,

Stop listening to the media ,  the press can be deceiving some times . Espacially when you are spying on a  Woman .

He laughed along with me and replied not really . You have always been amazing for as long as I knew you,

Except when you were at your husband's , my smile dropped becuase it was partially the truth and how did this man know about me , ?

Umm becuase your mom is a public figure, you are too and the press is always near you , my subconscious reminded me making me sigh ,

When you are famous , it's difficult for you or anybody to have any privacy .

Like look at me.. I can't even have a normal  life without getting  photographed or anyone following me ,

"That was alot from you ,"  I tell him carefully .

It's .. I am sorry if i have made you uncomfortable ,

He is such a Gentleman.

It's okay , I know you mean no harm and it's okay to talk it out sometimes though the truth can be umm skeptical , he finished the last words making me nod and chuckle ,

You are even sweet in real life , he says .

I am human .... I trailled off .

I know and that's what makes it even more interesting about you.

"Who are you, ?" I aks him with a small smile , well just a man who  has met a very beautiful woman and has liked her at first sight .

This man doesn't have  what we call ."  filter .. "

I am a newly devorcee and he has the nerve of saying he likes me !!!

Oh please ...I chocked on my breath and rolled my eyes with his outburst .

He must be joking, " No I am not,he replies which I was taken a back .. "

Did I say it loud , i whisperd which he throw his head back and started laughing along with me,

You are beautiful and a very Interesting woman.

Thank you, I couldn't say no to his compliment this time becuase he was trying hard to impress me..

The moment when we realised that the music wasn't there anymore , that's when I knew that we were the only one dancing to a non existent tune which made me blush so hard and knew that I am going to regret it tomorrow morning ,

Shit ... I muttured ,but the man heard it .

It's okay Katrina and it was nice knowing you, he says before leaving me and dissapear to the crowd .

Leaving me with a small smile, instantly Leonardo was by my side ..

He wants tea .  I know him .

With his raised eyebrow he dared me to tell him a lie which I didn't, and defended myself that we were just talking and all ..

He didn't buy my answer and took my hands on his , " you know that I care for youbright, ? "

That I love you so much ... Hmm ?? He asks making me nod ,

I don't want you to get hurt anymore my dear sister ..

I want to see  you  happy

"I understand ," I tell him with  a smile .

And what the hell was that Katrina !! I heard the familiar voice of my mom .

Oh boy ..