Chapter 15

Are you ready? Mom asked .. " I have never been ready in my life mom  than now " great she says with a smile.

Where is leo and Anne? Oh they all have already left,  she says to me.  Now hurry up and eat your breakfast  .

I am done , I immediately  tell her  , " she gave me a look and I gave her the same "

okay ,let's  go .. " I tell her ," I saw her rushing outside and before she entered in the driver seat she yelled as usual,  " I am driving "

I chuckled with her foolishness,  she is still a kid , just like us . I entered in the passenger  seat and soon our journey  started . " are you nervous ? She asked .

Not really mama , I am just a little conflicted I tell her truthfully, it's okay my dear .. I hope you are going to get through this early  . She kissed my knuckles  and focused on driving  and humming a tune  .

Oh mom !! " I love you so much " I tell her , not now darling,  I love you but I am still driving, our safety means everything first , then comes what  we all are finding,  " love " she says playfully. 

Okay  , I tell her .

Soon I saw the law firm,  my anxiety started growing little by little . The car came  into a halt and she looked at me , " alot of women who are in your place are proud of you now and who you are,  so don't  let your heart control you . "

You came so far, don't  you dare try to make any mistake . " Because alot of women are looking at you now  ! Rember my words " she says and took her handbag and walked out  .

I took a deep breath and got out and  walked beside her,  " like always the media didn't leave us alone ,"  Mrs Mathew's how do you feel about your divorce? We also heard about your divoce party , do you have any comments about it  .

Are you happy with the decisions you made by divorcing your husband? " don't  say a thing, mom whispered  and I nodded passing by them and walked inside.  "

" This is it,  I mumbled  and walked inside the room filled with lawyers . We are finalising everything and I can't  say nothing  about this because I know that my marriage failed because  of my stupid dear to be ex husband . "

Please sit , the lawyers announced! " Mom sat beside me and I felt hands on my shoulders patting me and reasuring me softly,  " I turned and I was met with two faces that held  a small smile plastered on them "

Anna and Leo gave me a reassuring smile and soon the lawyers  started taking.  I Didn't know they would be here before us .. I mumbled unknowingly .

Mr and Mrs  Mathew's,  today is the ending day of your divorce,  you are going to sign these legal documents  and after here you are no longer a  married couple anymore.

I didn't  even give  a glance to my going to be ex husband , " please proceed I found my voice , great .. we are going to start with children which you two don't  have any "

Speaking of children, it triggered me a little but I stayed put , this is not a moment of showing what I feel , but it's  the moment which I have to show how strong I am and ready to get my divorce without  a second thought.

"By continuing, you guys have a property together , a house which is written under the name of Mr Mathew's which they referred to my husband.  "

" The house will be given to Mrs Katrina .. and then you also have the small company which you both were running, "

Mr's  Katrina , this is a file which you had requested  for the removal of your shares from there , "fuck !" I heard my pathetic to be ex husband let out shamelessly. 

The small company  well, you both decide either you sell it and everyone of you get half of it or Mrs Katrina to give it willingly to your... he didn't  finish the words and my mom yelled .

" over my dead body!! You are going to sell that shit and my daughter is going to get what she deserves,  ma'am  we  all understand  what you mean but this is your  daughter's  case , " okay ! I said earning attention of the lawyer .

Why is she given everything and I got nothing nor asked anything from all this alimony, " well , don't  tell me that you forgot but few weeks ago we took your ass to court and how you told your lies  tell lies " my sister deserves  all this damn compensation . I heard Leonardo spitting with venom on his voice. 

He came down like he was given a calming potion, " He sat on the chair  and held his head on his hands . "

"I am doomed ,"  I heard it from him and I couldn't  help but get a deep satisfaction in my heart. 

Yes you are , I spit back and surprisingly he heard it, " He gave me a glare and gritted his teeth "

Please sign here .. I was the first one to accept the pen to finalise all this , " i just realised that I am fed up " and I didn't  know who I was living with and spent my life with during my teen and my adult years of meeting this man .

" I hate him now , "

Not really but still ..

Thank you for showing me the path lord,  I hold the pen and I felt my hands drawing and signing my name on the left side of the file . " Mr Mathew's please ? He took the pain on his hand hold it tightly on his  fingers .

"  For a second I thought he wasn't  going to sign , I closed my eyes and opened them and I saw my nightmare ending " A smile creeps on my cheek and I heard Anne cheering .

She really did it, she hugged me tightly and gave me kisses on my face all over . 

I love you so much sis , we all do , and everyone does. I was so curious of why I wasn't seeing Damon's parents,  but then I rembered they loved to be given praises but not to be humiliated in public. 

That sick family ..

I am finally single again , Now you can call me anything and the piggy Mathew's  will disappear  in my life . I said loudly so that my ex husband to hear it .

He gave me a glare begire he walked out embarrassed,  " yes you ass !!you desrve it " I heard myslwf mumbling ignoring the feelings which I felt in my heart for him .

He decieved me but I am glad I knew it sooner than later, soon we walked out and well and the paparazzi followed us , I was exhausted  and I entered in the car with my brother on the driver' s seat .

How are you feeling ? He asked..
I don't  know , I tell him truthfully with a smile, I signed the papers .. I tell him a matter of fact and I feel like ..

Like ..i did the right thing .. I mumbled finally and closed my eyes catching my breath.